• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
As a reminder, only registered users can access the photo albums. I will be posting many more photos of SoWal later tonight and later in the week. They will be in the Photo Gallery, under the album name of Smiling JOe. Some are fun and some are not so fun.

On another note, thanks to all who sent your good energy this way. I certainly felt it, and it kept me safe and warm (or what that the A/C going out yesterday morning?). I appreciate being part of such a great community. Anyone wanting to buy me a beer, can simply invite any average joe whom they see in SoWal to join them for the beer. I am sure to feel it. Just keep the love going around. That is truely what makes this area what it is. Ask anyone, it is not just the beach. There is plenty of beach around this country, but it is people sharing that makes this area so fun. Keep up the good work.

For everyone wanting to help clean the beaches, your help is needed. There is plenty of small debris on the beach, and thankfully, most of the big stuff is at the inlet of Oyster Lake in one big pile. I did not forge Western Lake, but the other side may have some larger debris.

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
Re: Photos

Your timely photos and good humor are very much appreciated. Thank you for all
you have done. :clap_1:

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA

Smiling JOe said:
As a reminder, only registered users can access the photo albums. I will be posting many more photos of SoWal later tonight and later in the week. They will be in the Photo Gallery, under the album name of Smiling JOe. Some are fun and some are not so fun.

On another note, thanks to all who sent your good energy this way. I certainly felt it, and it kept me safe and warm (or what that the A/C going out yesterday morning?). I appreciate being part of such a great community. Anyone wanting to buy me a beer, can simply invite any average joe whom they see in SoWal to join them for the beer. I am sure to feel it. Just keep the love going around. That is truely what makes this area what it is. Ask anyone, it is not just the beach. There is plenty of beach around this country, but it is people sharing that makes this area so fun. Keep up the good work.

For everyone wanting to help clean the beaches, your help is needed. There is plenty of small debris on the beach, and thankfully, most of the big stuff is at the inlet of Oyster Lake in one big pile. I did not forge Western Lake, but the other side may have some larger debris.

You SJ, Are "THE MAN" :bow: :bow: :clap_1:

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.

Awesome photos and great info (even though hard to take). We have been renting in the SoWal area for over 10 years and now are owners in the Eastern Lake area and it is a blessing to have someone like you sending back pix and info about the area to so many of us remotely located. We have not been able to get ahold of our rental company and Walton County 800 lines only give out very little info. We just found this site in the past few days and your photos and info (and others postings) have been so needed. The Weather station and general websites just don't give enough specific info and your messages are upbeat and positive in the face of this event that it has been comforting on many levels. Thanks again for your postings. Keep them coming. :laughing1 :clap_1:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

Waterman said:
You SJ, Are "THE MAN" :bow: :bow: :clap_1:
No, Waterman, YOU are the man. Thanks! I have to let everyone know -- WaterMan gave me a very large memory card (digital film for you non-technos) a while back, so you should be thanking him for the photos. I would not have been able to take so many photos otherwise. Thanks again WaterMan! :clap_1: You are a very generous person and are very much a part of my community, even if you do live in California most of the time.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004

wetwilly said:
Awesome photos and great info (even though hard to take). We have been renting in the SoWal area for over 10 years and now are owners in the Eastern Lake area and it is a blessing to have someone like you sending back pix and info about the area to so many of us remotely located. We have not been able to get ahold of our rental company and Walton County 800 lines only give out very little info. We just found this site in the past few days and your photos and info (and others postings) have been so needed. The Weather station and general websites just don't give enough specific info and your messages are upbeat and positive in the face of this event that it has been comforting on many levels. Thanks again for your postings. Keep them coming. :laughing1 :clap_1:
Thanks, but I am pooped, so am stopping here for a while. I still have another camera to unload, so it may be a while before I can sort through those. I am heading up to the Mountains tomorrow and may stay put for a couple of weeks if TS Emily comes this way. I enjoy being able to help you guys keep in touch from afar. Major thanks should be directed to Kurt, who is the Man behind all of this, the creator of SoWal.com and GraytonBeach.com. You should be praising this guy, who has gone out of his way to provide this direct link to all. Thanks Kurt!

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2005
The Peaceful Piney Woods.

SJ, the photos are amazing, and I can only imagine how much time it took to sort and upload them all. Thanks!!

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion

Smiling JOe said:
Anyone wanting to buy me a beer, can simply invite any average joe whom they see in SoWal to join them for the beer. I am sure to feel it.

:clap_1:!! it's like Steinbeck wrote in the Grapes of Wrath...

"Where ever a delicious frosty brew is being poured and shared....I'll be there."

You are our very own Zen Master Beach Buddha, Smilin Joe.