• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
My prayers to the family. So much happened while I was gone. Sounds like he will be in Seaside for years to come if they're doing a pacemaker and not open heart. Many people do fine with pacemakers for many years. This sounds like good news and that he's gonna be fine. :clap_1: Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Seasider

Beach Lover
Nov 27, 2004
Good news on Mr. Modica:

Yesterday afternoon (Friday), Mr. Modica had an additional angioplasty procedure. The main coronary artery was opened up successfully and stints were placed into this artery to make it as permanent as possible. He tolerated the procedure very well.

Most likely all of the "repair" work is done.

Next Wednesday, Mr. Modica is scheduled for insertion of a defibrillator/pacemaker called a Pacemaker II which will provide routine electrical pacing of his heart as needed AND also provide emergency defibrillation on an as needed basis.

This morning (Saturday) he was sitting up in bed eating regular breakfast food-----well, regular hospital breakfast food that is!!!

Charlie says he has really perked up and come out from under the sedation and "acts and talks like Daddy again."

The rest of the weekend is planned for him to rest and visit with family at visiting hours.

Snapper Grabber

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2005
We love going to the Market and talking to Mr. Modica. Even though he does not know us personally, it is always like talking to an old friend. He is definitely part of the 30-A experience. Our prayers are with him!!!

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
Spoke with Charles Jr. today and all is going very well with Mr. Modica. He is in progressive care now. Charles Jr. said he would love to have a copy of this thread so he could show his Dad. I'm not that good with computer stuff, so if someone could get a copy of what everyone has expressed, he would appreciate it very much.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beach lover said:
Spoke with Charles Jr. today and all is going very well with Mr. Modica. He is in progressive care now. Charles Jr. said he would love to have a copy of this thread so he could show his Dad. I'm not that good with computer stuff, so if someone could get a copy of what everyone has expressed, he would appreciate it very much.

I thought about printing a copy and dropping it by the store, but I was going to wait to let it build, and while waiting, I forgot. I haven't tried printing from SoWal, so I'll see how it goes.