• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
Free Tour of the Heavens Offered
Alys Beach, Florida ? (January 2, 2008) ? Locals and visitors are invited to enjoy a free tour of the Heavens, courtesy of Alys Beach.

?A Night of Star Gazing? will be held on Friday, January 11. The fun and educational evening will be guided by Alan Knothe, former astronomy instructor for Okaloosa-Walton College.

?We plan to walk along the beach and point out many interesting stars, constellations, planets and astronomical facts,? said Christian Wagley, Alys Beach?s Environmental Program Manager. ?We?re all aware of this area?s terrestrial beauty, but becoming more knowledgeable about our nighttime sky really enhances one?s connection with nature.?

The star-gazing tour will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Fonville Press, a popular coffee shop, newsstand and wine bar located in Alys Beach directly on Scenic Highway 30A. Fonville Press will open for wine and mingling at 5:00 p.m. that day, and the tour will be followed by a beach bonfire party.

This free family-friendly event is open to the public. For more information, please call 1-866-481-8387 or email events@alysbeach.com.

ABOUT ALYS BEACH
One of the most beautiful new resort towns in the world, Alys Beach is located on Scenic Highway 30A in Florida?s panhandle, along what The New York Times said ?may be the best beach in the continental U.S.?

Alys Beach?s extraordinary architectural vision drew inspirations from both the islands of Bermuda and the family courtyard homes of Antigua, Guatemala. When complete, the town will be home to over 600 villas, rowhouses, courtyard homes and family compound retreats, as well as numerous restaurants and shops.

?Alys Beach may be the most truly innovative community under construction in the United States today, and it will eventually be imitated everywhere,? said Andr?s Duany of Duany Plater-Zyberk (www.DPZ.com). Duany was ranked one of the Top 5 most influential people in home building by Builder magazine, immediately following Alan Greenspan, Franklin Raines (CEO, Fannie Mae), George W. Bush and Jerry Howard (CEO, National Association of Home Builders).

For sales or rental information, please call 866-481-8387 or visit www.alysbeach.com.

Beachmom

Beach Fanatic
Sep 7, 2006
Grayton Beach!
LOVE IT!!! Hope we can come! Thanks Alys Beach!!!:clap:

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
alys_stargazing.jpg

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Home Sweet Home
journals.aol.com
This will be such a cool night...I can't wait !! :cool:

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk

beachwanabe

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
Missouri
Wow, what a good idea, i hope it goes well, maybe good enough to do again in February when I am there. Have fun everybody !!!!!!

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Does the project have a permanent observation point, telescope or some such?