• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Crazy

cracker
Aug 19, 2005
Arkansas
Well, thanks to Dennis, my perfect 40th birthday beach vacation to Cape San Blas was cancelled due to mandatory evacuation. The good news is that I got a full refund from the home owner and an offer to stay a couple of days regardless of the refund. I had to decline due to time restraints but my heart was really touched by the offer from the sweet lady.

Since that time I have come to realize that Cape San Blas was a little too remote and I am now making plans for Grayton Beach. It will only be my husband and myself so I am looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom house - gulf front no smoking. It would really be great if it had a pool. I'm planning on the third week of May 2006 to get ahead of hurricane season. If anyone has or has stayed in a great little quiet place please let me know by way of the board or you're welcome to email me.

We love antiques and old houses so that's why I think Grayton is the place for us. Let me know your opinion on that!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
There aren't any small places right on the gulf in Grayton proper - but plenty that are close to the beach. And there are plenty of options along Scenic 30-A on and off the gulf.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
What are those condos that are to the left of the Red Bar when you are looking towards the gulf? My parents own a place in Grayton, but choose to rent those condos because it works out better financially. But regardless, they are great condos...and you can't beat the location in Grayton. You can crawl home from the Red Bar. I think Rivard rents them out...

WLD

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
ATL
1-bedroom honeymoon cottages in Seaside are on the beach. Each cottage has its own hot tub.

JC

Beach Lover
I'm planning on the third week of May 2006 to get ahead of hurricane season. If anyone has or has stayed in a great little quiet place please let me know by way of the board or you're welcome to email me.

We love antiques and old houses so that's why I think Grayton is the place for us. Let me know your opinion on that![/QUOTE]

I have a 2 bedroom condo in Grayton, pm me if interested.

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
Hi Beach Crazy,

We have one of the original Seagrove cottages, it's located off a private road and is directly on the beach with private beach access, and is approx. 3-miles east of Grayton. Cafe-ThirtyA, Angelina's and Goatfeathers Seafood Market are all within walking distance. If you're interested PM me.