• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gratefulmama329

Beach Comber
Jul 14, 2008
This site is great! We are coming to Seagrove in less than 2 weeks! This is the third year we have vacationed in SoWal beaches. The first 2 years we stayed in a house in Miramar Beach. After visiting the Red Bar and enjoying the drive down 30A we fell in love with this area. We are not a group that enjoys the touristy, cash traps! We are a group of 5 families with 5 girls ages 10 and under and a new baby boy! We love our times at the beach and do so with no canopies and few sand toys! LOL!

I am geographically challenged and need some help. We are staying on N. Greenwood Ave in Seagrove. Is this an easy walk to the beach with children? Are we within walking distance to Seaside, especially the ice cream shop! (My children are most concerned with their ice cream fix)
Where is the best place to buy fresh seafood to grill? Is there a farmers market or somewhere other than Publix to get fresh, local fruits and veggies?

Thanks in advance! We can't wait.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:welcome:

Greenwood Avenue intersects 30A close to the beach. I assume you are on the north side but you'll be very close. Seaside is is about a ten minute walk.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
This site is great! We are coming to Seagrove in less than 2 weeks! This is the third year we have vacationed in SoWal beaches. The first 2 years we stayed in a house in Miramar Beach. After visiting the Red Bar and enjoying the drive down 30A we fell in love with this area. We are not a group that enjoys the touristy, cash traps! We are a group of 5 families with 5 girls ages 10 and under and a new baby boy! We love our times at the beach and do so with no canopies and few sand toys! LOL!

I am geographically challenged and need some help. We are staying on N. Greenwood Ave in Seagrove. Is this an easy walk to the beach with children? Are we within walking distance to Seaside, especially the ice cream shop! (My children are most concerned with their ice cream fix)
Where is the best place to buy fresh seafood to grill? Is there a farmers market or somewhere other than Publix to get fresh, local fruits and veggies?

Thanks in advance! We can't wait.

:welcome:You'll be staying in my 'hood! We normally go to Goatfeathers for our Seafood. Just east (about a mile) of North Greenwood on the south side of 30-A. Enjoy your week in paradise!

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Sounds like a wonderful time for all! Make sure to take the kids to Fired Up in Seaside to paint a memory! Jim & Stacey are wonderful people and pay close attention to their customer's needs! Some of the older girls can stay there by themselves and paint for hours! (a good rainy day or middle of the week event!
Toni's near Grayton Beach has good local produce. She is located behind the Sherwin-Williams off 398 or is it 283?? ( I always get the roads mixed up :blush:)

Last edited: