• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
1st Annual 30a St Patricks Parade planned for Scenic 30a in Santa Rosa Beach.

Santa Rosa Beach FL ? The 1st Annual 30a St Patrick's Parade is gathering steam. An idea that started a couple of weeks back, is evolving into what could be a great annual tradition.

?The object of the event is to provide a stimulus to the local businesses, and give us a good excuse to celebrate St Patricks Day, said organizer Paul Vizard. ?As a native of Ireland I was curious why there had never been anything along those lines here, and where better to start one than the Emerald Coast and Scenic 30a.?

The Parade route is planned for Saturday March 15th at 2pm, to travel from Gulf Place to Grayton Corners. The South Walton Fire Department will be participating, and Deputy Chief Sean Hughes has graciously agreed to be the 1st Grand Marshall, kilt and all. We will even have a Bag Piper !!

Sally?s by the Sea Store will have several fun events such as green beer, (at Sally?s Backside) horseshoes, a darts tournament, and yards of Guinness, and Redd will be performing. Restaurant Fire has planned a Craw Fish Broil and a special dinner menu, local artists will have face painting at Gulf Place. (see website for updated schedule).

?The community of 30a is unique when it comes to supporting locals and local events, said Vizard. Although this is literally a fly by the seat of our pants this first year, every business we have talked to is keen to get involved. We already have 20 odd confirmed vehicles, maybe that number will grow. Realistically, it wont take long to line up and drive the 6 miles to Grayton Corners, so its going to be a short and sweet parade this year, but next year will be properly planned well ahead of time. We just wanted to get it started in 08. We could not get the Pipe Band this year, but will have have a Piper to lead the parade.?

Already confirmed for next year is the 23rd Highlanders Pipe band. If you wish to enter the parade, all that?s required is a vehicle with a sign on the side to promote your business, go to www.30aparade.com Some have even planned to decorate in various ways to add to the fun.

Contact information

Website www.30aparade.com

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Wow! This sounds like a ton of funn! Too bad it starts 3 hours after my plane leaves - how curious ;-).

Nothing like a man in a kilt! :love:

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Darn, now we will have to celebrate on the 15th and the 17th!!:D

Yes, it was a tough decision to not do it on the actual day, but given the very short time to organize, and with the 17th falling on the Monday, we wanted to (this year) have a parade that people could actually watch and or be in, without interfering with work days

Click here to learn how to speak Irish (slang)

http://30aparade.com/index.php?sc=5
Example (clean ones)
Artist, government (n): person 'drawing' the dole [social security]
Baldy, as in "I haven't got a baldy" (phr): I haven't a clue
Canary, nearly had a (n): had a fright
Doing a line (phr): courting, seeing someone
Effin' and blindin' (n): cursing and swearing
Flying low, you're (phr): your zip is undone
Gutties (n): trainers, sports shoes
Horrors (n): drunk, e.g. I was in the horrors last night
I will in me ring (phr): certainly not!
Jammy (a): lucky
Knackered (v): very tired
Local, the (n): the nearest pub
Muppet (n): fool, idiot
Noggin (n): head
Oirish(n): typically, clich?d Irish(ness)
Put a Santa hat on it and call it Randal (phr): messed up / crazy / beyond understanding; applies to situations, objects or people. (common in Ballymena, Ulster)
Qweer bit of skirt / talent (n): a really attractive woman / man.
Rubber Dollies (n): running shoes
Scrubber (n): female of low morals
Tiddler: reference to small fish or child
Undy-grundy (n): wedgie
Volkswagen (n): not so cute (man or woman)
Wanker (n): an uninteresting person, usually someone you can't stand
Your head's a marley (phr): Belfast phrase for "You don't know what you're talking about" ( marley= marble)
Zero (n): faic (fwack)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I think for the day, we should call the Emerald Coast, the "Green Coast." The Parade sounds like a funn idea.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Just added !
Perpetual Imagination
1231 Co. Hwy. 283 S.
Grayton Beach, FL (across from Big Mama's Hula Girl Gallery)
850-231-1400
Special Event: Make Mythical Green Slime! Saturday, March 15, 10 AM - 6 PM

No booger comments please ! :rotfl:

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Yes, it was a tough decision to not do it on the actual day, but given the very short time to organize, and with the 17th falling on the Monday, we wanted to (this year) have a parade that people could actually watch and or be in, without interfering with work days

Click here to learn how to speak Irish (slang)

http://30aparade.com/index.php?sc=5
Example (clean ones)
Artist, government (n): person 'drawing' the dole [social security]
Baldy, as in "I haven't got a baldy" (phr): I haven't a clue
Canary, nearly had a (n): had a fright
Doing a line (phr): courting, seeing someone
Effin' and blindin' (n): cursing and swearing
Flying low, you're (phr): your zip is undone
Gutties (n): trainers, sports shoes
Horrors (n): drunk, e.g. I was in the horrors last night
I will in me ring (phr): certainly not!
Jammy (a): lucky
Knackered (v): very tired
Local, the (n): the nearest pub
Muppet (n): fool, idiot
Noggin (n): head
Oirish(n): typically, clich?d Irish(ness)
Put a Santa hat on it and call it Randal (phr): messed up / crazy / beyond understanding; applies to situations, objects or people. (common in Ballymena, Ulster)
Qweer bit of skirt / talent (n): a really attractive woman / man.
Rubber Dollies (n): running shoes
Scrubber (n): female of low morals
Tiddler: reference to small fish or child
Undy-grundy (n): wedgie
Volkswagen (n): not so cute (man or woman)
Wanker (n): an uninteresting person, usually someone you can't stand
Your head's a marley (phr): Belfast phrase for "You don't know what you're talking about" ( marley= marble)
Zero (n): faic (fwack)

My personal fave. Some of these could come in awfully handy. :D