• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I would love to do this! A SoWal house! How....how.....how?????:dunno: :scratch: :scratch:
It looks BEAUTIFUL!

I'm just sayin'!!! :wave:

It all depends on the original structure. Houses built in that era have an incredible stability to them. I'm sitting in one right now that is made of solid oak. We just about have to use a jackhammer to hang a set of blinds. The issues I have are mostly to do with pipes. The worst part of the pipes on that house will be left behind. If it is placed on a level lot that doesn't have any settling issues, it should be fine.

In a house of that age, they would probably lose as much of the cypress as they would reclaim. Wood that has been together that long doesn't like to come apart!

Look at those floors, and those window frames! Is that a bead-board ceiling? The bones remind me of my house...

Love this house!:love:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Berkly,

Just curious...what are the property owners planning on building in its place?

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Berkly,

Just curious...what are the property owners planning on building in its place?

Pt. Washington Methodist is building a family worship center- or something along those lines. I can't remember the exact name of the building- sorry!

Berkly

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2006
Yes, the church is going to build a Family Life Center and eventually a new sanctuary on the land.

Berkly

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2006
I wanted to let any interested parties know that the house is open today, in case you would like to check it out. The youth group kids still have ALOT of stuff in the house, but you can get in there and walk through.