• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I bought a house in 1999 and had it moved by Ducky for 13,500 CASH, paid considerably less than 20,000 for it, and started what seemed like the next Jihad!!!! A war! Better know where you are taking it! There's lots of self appointed code and building inspectors with nothing better to do than ride around looking for something they think is suspicious, irrelevant to the fact that they really have no idea what they are doing!

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
Nov 5, 2006
Grayton Beach
I can't afford it but wish I could. I would put it on our lot next to Cafe Tango and fix it up. If someone is interested, I'll sell the lot real cheap. It would be in keeping with the look of Cafe Tango.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I can't afford it but wish I could. I would put it on our lot next to Cafe Tango and fix it up. If someone is interested, I'll sell the lot real cheap. It would be in keeping with the look of Cafe Tango.

Kitty?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
I don't have the funds or a lot. I surely wish I did, as this house is central to old Point Washington.

At one point, PWUMC had planned to give the house to my uncle, because his mother lived in the house for many years and to also keep it in the church's founding family. He was planning to have it moved to property he owns adjacent to the church's property. It was the PERFECT solution. Then, suddenly it seemed as if someone within the church got greedy, because it turned into "pay $xx,xxx and then pay almost that to have it moved." It busted the deal.

Berkly, no offense to you, because surely you bought it with good intentions, and I really hope somebody can buy it from you. But, it just makes me sick that this historical property was DONATED by the Burlison estate to the church, and then someone got the bright idea of SELLING it to you. Perhaps that person (or the church) should do the right thing and buy it back from you, and give it back to Point Washington.

I worship at PWUMC, and plan to always, but some of the decisions they have made concerning the expansion really breaks my heart. :cry:

seaside2

Beach Fanatic
Apr 2, 2007
All over the place
I worship at PWUMC, and plan to always, but some of the decisions they have made concerning the expansion really breaks my heart. :cry:[/quote]

the trouble with churches is that they are full of people.

kellysfriend

Beach Crab
Jan 26, 2007
I would like to speak to you about the house if you have not already sold it. Im in louisiana right now but i'll be back to the beach soon. please call whenever you get a chance.
Thanks,
Mike Foster
225-937-9372

Berkly

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2006
House is still available....we thought we had a buyer, but we were mistaken....$5000. PM if interested!!!!

Berkly

Beach Comber
Apr 26, 2006
$5000 for Pt Washington house that must be moved off lot

Thought I would start a new thread with the lower price for the Burlison house in Pt Washington....we are willing to accept $5K for the house, which must be moved. This is our last attempt before selling the various parts of the house that are wanted (floors, exterior cypress, interior walls, etc). If you know of anyone with a vacant lot that would be interested in this special piece of history, please let them know! Thank you!!!