• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wetwilly

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Atlanta, Ga.
Has anyone put together their rental rate calendar/dates for 2007 yet. I'm not asking about rates but the "season" brackets. It looks like alot of folks are going to an "early summer", summer, and "late summer" bracket in the summer season in addition to the Winter, Fall, Spring, and Springbreak.

Any thoughts or info would be great.

Thanks.

Wet Willy:cool:

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
I'd also be interested in the 2007 season dates. What rental rate increases are any of you considering and how do you determine them? Help!:dunno:

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
Has anyone put together their rental rate calendar/dates for 2007 yet. I'm not asking about rates but the "season" brackets. It looks like alot of folks are going to an "early summer", summer, and "late summer" bracket in the summer season in addition to the Winter, Fall, Spring, and Springbreak.

Any thoughts or info would be great.

Thanks.

Wet Willy:cool:

I don't do an early summer because I have a separate charge for Spring Break and Spring and have not felt like I have needed an early summer because most guests consider it Spring and are happy to not have to pay Spring Break rates. I do, however, have an extra line for Later Summer or early fall. My reasoning for this is because of the cutoff of Summer. I try and follow what most of the rental companies are following for cut-offs and for some reason they think that summer should end the first week of August. My husband and I have always felt like Summer should be carried through till after Labor Day but comptetiton dictates. So, after the summer rate ends, we have our "Late Summer" or Early Fall" and we charge what our Spring rate is until after Labor Day and then we go to our fall rate.

Wastin Away

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2005
I'd also be interested in the 2007 season dates. What rental rate increases are any of you considering and how do you determine them? Help!:dunno:

When considering my rates for the following year, I take my three biggest expenses, property taxes, insurance, and cleaning fees and determine how signifcant of an increase I have. If there has not been a major increase then I will keep my rates the same. I have yet to have that happen. I will not raise mine more than 200.00 for my summer rates. I try and divide the difference out over the whole year so I don't have significant increases. I believe when guests look at the rates and see significant increases they don't realize the increases that are happening on property owners. I told my husband just a couple of days ago, if it gets to where we are having to pay way to much out of our pockets for other guests to enjoy our home, it becomes not worth it and that's when you will see a lot of homes go up for sale,if it's not already happening.