• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
I'm in, and I'm bringing a gullfriend with me. Who has a place where we can stay for cheap? :wave:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Vera Bradley's work isn't to my taste either, but I appreciate her efforts to help out local schools.

I agree wholeheartedly with beachmouse---this is a wonderful event because all the money goes to the school. (It's cheap, too!) It's also one of my favorite half marathons for other reasons--it has the best t-shirt, the best medal, it's cheap, it's flat, it's in SoWal, and I think it's amazing that Vera Bradley donates her bags.

Whatever the taste in bags--it's a free Vera Bradley bag. I have 3 free backpack-type bags from races that have "Publix" stamped across them that are far uglier, but they're useful and not nearly as well made. I use them all the time. Goodies are goodies, and hers is a great goodie.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Sorry to be offensive, but are the Vera Bradley bags for barfing at the finish line? I just can't stand those things. They are so incredibly horrible and old-school preppy. I hated them 20-something years ago, and I still hate them. They look like freakin' diaper bags. Every redneck girl on our campus carries one. I guess they think it makes them look stylish. I don't think so.

It isn't just me. Daughter agrees. She now carries a Louis Vuitton Damier Neverfull that she got for Christmas.

If you have a friend who carries a Vera Bradley and you are a true friend, please advise her/him not to carry one any more. S/he will thank you in the long run for that advice.

But I'm up for a 5K. :D

Sell it on Ebay under the header:

Vera Bradley bag for sale. Limited Truman show edition. :D

I'm in, and I'm bringing a gullfriend with me. Who has a place where we can stay for cheap? :wave:

Casa de skunk, or if that doesn't pan out you can use our futon. :wave:

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
I'm in for both races!!! Ok, only I'll be the one directing traffic at West Ruskin Place. I have been at this location for the last 4 years, I think it is.

I got to wear the bright orange traffic vest last year - I was so "official"!!!

Wave at me when you go by - I will cheer you on the finish line!!! :wave:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I agree. Thanks, Vera. :wave:

If any of you carries a Vera, I still :love: you. I'll just divert my eyes when I see your bag to avoid making a grimacing face. :lol:

Sort of like we do when you wear your jorts. :rotfl:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You are too funny!

Hey, wearing jorts and being tacky is just something that becomes part of you if you go to UF. The Gator spirit just overtakes one's judgement. :lol:
gatorSmiley.gif

Bless your heart. You are truly a sport!

(Though I spit diet coke at Kitty's post...:funn:)