• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
when do the tax bills go out?most states i believe the tax bill goes out in august and is due in oct. so the tax bill that is due in oct 2009 is what what year? is that for 2008?

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
when do the tax bills go out?most states i believe the tax bill goes out in august and is due in oct. so the tax bill that is due in oct 2009 is what what year? is that for 2008?

In October, the Property Appraiser's Office provides the Tax Collector's Office with a Certified Tax Roll. The Tax Roll is then used to generate property tax bills. Bills are mailed to Walton County residents before November 1st of each year. Once bills are printed, any changes in the assessed value of a property must be issued through the Property Appraiser's Office. The Tax Collector's Office cannot reduce or adjust the amount of taxes due on any tax account.

Collection and Discounts

The Tax Collector's Office serves as the collector of property taxes. Property owners making tax payments can receive discounts on their taxes by making payments early. The following discounts apply to property tax payments:

• November 30- payments received in the office (a payment postmarked by the 31st does not qualify) by the 30th will receive a 4% discount.
  • December 31- payments postmarked by the 31st will receive a 3% discount.
  • January 31- payments postmarked by the 31st will receive a 2% discount.
  • February 29- payments postmarked by the 29th of February will receive a 1% discount.
  • March 31- no discount is received and no penalty is applied to the account.
  • After March 31- penalties are applied to the account.
BH

Source: Walton County Tax Collector

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
For the bill mailed in nov is that for the 2008 value or the 2009 value?I was under the impression that tax bills for property are 1 year in arrears.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ForestBayGal

Beach Comber
May 31, 2009
For the bill mailed in nov is that for the 2008 value or the 2009 value?I was under the impression that tax bills for property are 1 year in arrears.thanks

For the tax bill you will receive this fall: The assessed/taxable values will be stated as 2009 for your taxable property. The values the property appraiser used to make these determinations were for sales/new construction etc for the period 1/1/2008-12/31/2008. The tax monies collected will operate the taxing agencies in 2010.

Therefore, the 2009 real estate sales/new construction values will provide the appraiser with our 2010 assessed/taxable values. Watch for significant (IMO) decreases in sales prices due to the foreclosures/short sales and bank owned properties being sold post foreclosure.

If you pull up your prperty on the appraiser's website now-it reads 2008 for your values. Once the appraiser certifies the roll & updates his website, then our property site will state 2009. I am new posting so do not have a clue if I typed in the appropriate place.

WCTA

Beach Lover
May 27, 2009
Walton County
www.waltontaxpayers.org
For the tax bill you will receive this fall: The assessed/taxable values will be stated as 2009 for your taxable property. The values the property appraiser used to make these determinations were for sales/new construction etc for the period 1/1/2008-12/31/2008. The tax monies collected will operate the taxing agencies in 2010.

Therefore, the 2009 real estate sales/new construction values will provide the appraiser with our 2010 assessed/taxable values. Watch for significant (IMO) decreases in sales prices due to the foreclosures/short sales and bank owned properties being sold post foreclosure.

If you pull up your prperty on the appraiser's website now-it reads 2008 for your values. Once the appraiser certifies the roll & updates his website, then our property site will state 2009. I am new posting so do not have a clue if I typed in the appropriate place.

Well done ForestBay Gal!