• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Congratulations to Lady D for recapturing the lead with a two game advantage over last week's leader, Autigr89. Lady D also joined me as the week's leader with 11 correct picks.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
SoWal Pick'ems Lucky Week 13
First game Thursday (no points)

UNLV @ Air Force
Michigan St @ Northwestern
Michigan @ Iowa
Duke @ Wake Forest
Oklahoma @ Kansas St
Mississippi St @ Arkansas
Texas A&M @ LSU
Arizona St @ UCLA
Nebraska @ Penn St
BYU @ Notre Dame
Boston College @ Maryland
Vanderbilt @ Tennessee
Missouri @ Ole Miss
Baylor @ Oklahoma St
Kansas @ Iowa St

Last edited:

Autigr89

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2012
Seagrove Beach
UNLV @ Air Force
Michigan @ Iowa
Duke @ Wake Forest
Oklahoma @ Kansas St
Texas A&M @ LSU
Arizona St @ UCLA
Nebraska @ Penn St
BYU @ Notre Dame
Vanderbilt @ Tennessee
Missouri @ Ole Miss
Baylor @ Oklahoma St
Kansas @ Iowa St

bamabeachbum

Beach Fanatic
May 31, 2006
Decatur,Alabama
UNLV @ Air Force
Michigan @ Iowa
Duke @ Wake Forest
Oklahoma @ Kansas St
Texas A&M @ LSU
Arizona St @ UCLA
Nebraska @ Penn St
BYU @ Notre Dame
Vanderbilt @ Tennessee
Missouri @ Ole Miss
Baylor @ Oklahoma St
Kansas @ Iowa St

Red Dawg

Beach Lover
Feb 14, 2008
SoWal
UNLV @ Air Force
Michigan @ Iowa
Duke @ Wake Forest
Oklahoma @ Kansas St
Texas A&M @LSU
Arizona St @ UCLA
Nebraska @ Penn St
BYU @ Notre Dame
Vanderbilt @ Tennessee
Missouri @ Ole Miss
Baylor @ Oklahoma St
Kansas @ Iowa St

ROLL TIDE!

Bac

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2013
Driving down 30A towards Starbucks in Grayton Beach, discovered a work crew off the side of the road ...they seemed to be in real deep discussion about something, and they were all leaning on their shovels and smoking cigarettes, so I knew it had to be serious.

Since they all had orange vests and pants on, I quickly calculated they must have a difficult situation on their hands and I just veered off the road, damn near dispersing the whole group, and perhaps injuring one or two had they not scattered like Beach Rats in the summer.

Gathering around my car in what some might deem a menacing stance ( looked like the cast from PrisonBreak?), I noticed all their uniforms said " COUNTY JAIL" AND I KNEW RIGHT THEN I WAS JUST WHERE I WANTED TO BE...

Who better to have the scoop on this weeks games than a bunch of desperadoes WITH NOTHING TO LOSE?

Here's what they told me to pick ( "Or Else"):

Air Force. " The fix is in" on the Running Rebels, looking to get some Black Friday holiday cash before the break ( not sure which "break " they were referring to, didn't ask...)
Northwestern. Nobody loses 5-in-a-row college football, and still winds up in a Bowl game, do they?
Iowa. Michigan looking ahead, as spoiler, and they will fall to the Hawkeyes...
Duke. Wake Forest is NC version of the Gators ...cant score...seemingly don't care...and Duke in the top 25 football??
Kansas State. Coaching, plain and simple.
Mississippi State...off a loss where they held the Tide to under 50 point differential, these boys are hungry!!
Texas A+M. Appears Johnny will not get the Heisman, but Archie did not think he'd get two in a row either...Threepeat, anyone?
UCLA. Long time since they went Rose Bowling...and they appear ready...But could they be preoccupied with what's going on across town?
Nebraska. Turkey is on the menu....
BYU. Notre Dame had two weeks to figure this one out...that's way too long for kids that smart and they have lost interest
Boston College. Eagles soar into a Bowl game.
Tennessee. Time to win one for the Gipper!
Ole Miss. Trap game for Missouri, and look who is setting the table...
Baylor.... in 5 OT's!!
Kansas. Just too many Big 12 teams going bowling already...Cyclones already packed their bags to head off to go home to KS, MO and IL and MN for the long weekend coming up...

Well, after this all this intel, I scrambled back to the car, left the County Jail crew and headed to Starbucks down in Grayton Plaza...couple of the boys in Orange told me I better bring them back a nonfat Grande cappuccino, "or else"..

WHAT??

Its G.O.N.E....replaced by a place named BadAss coffee!?!?!

Stopped inside, and after could not get a good explanation of where Starbucks moved to, I meandered over to a group of bluehairs enjoying their coffee...chit-chat, this-and-that, they all were more excited by what was going on with the boys from lockup, rather than giving me the benefit of their years winning these weekly pick-fests, so I exited before they could call their bookies and move the line....

MADE ME BLUSH SOME OF THE THINGS THEY WERE SAYING ABOUT THE CREW FROM COUNTY JAIL....hmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited: