• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I'm so proud of my Vols. Even though we are losing this game, and probably will lose it, they have played a great game. Just wish we had those two missed field goal attempts back, Medley doesn't miss often. It would be knotted at 20 now. Vols scored too quickly to go up by one, left Bama too much time. But we still have time and are moving the ball. Cmon Vols.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Well, Bama went for two and didn't make it, and was only up by 5. With that said those two missed field goals would have won the game for us, darn. Don't know what happened on the supposed caught pass for a first down but obviously it wasn't, two sacks happened. And now Tennessee has fumbled and Bama has the ball back deep in our territory. Hope they will just run out the clock and not try to score again. Sad.

Last edited:
Congratulations to cnestg8r for being alone at #1 and to moi for being alone at #2. Also congrats to our friend zuni and me for being the top pickers for the week with 10 picks. Happy that the Jackets upset FSU -- Red Dawg I and Murray are the only ones who picked them. Many ESPN talking heads are predicting that Clemson will be in the College Football Playoff, and they sure looked good today. Some picked Utah for the playoff, but Booger on Finebaum was right about USC winning. Glad I didn't go with him on A&M though. My Dukies won -- someone on ESPN asked if Frank Beamer could ever win another game. ESPN picked Illinois as the Superdog upset -- glad I didn't go with that. But I wish I had gone with "The Bear" and picked Vandy. Glad GT beat FSU even though I didn't pick them -- Go Jackets! Tennessee and Auburn were close to winning -- congrats to those coaches and teams anyhow. I had too much time on my hands this week.

Week8_2015image.jpg

Well, due to breaking my back in March, I've seen every episode of Food Network that I want to see. So I've started watching ESPN or listening to it on Sirius. Sorry you had a bad week, Bob.

What I don't get is how cnestg8r does so well. He works so many hours. He doesn't have too much time on his hands, but I guess he picks well because he has a very analytic mind and is a former varsity athlete.

Last edited:

carson

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2014
Seagrove
Congratulations to cnestg8r for being alone at #1 and to moi for being alone at #2. Also congrats to our friend zuni and me for being the top pickers for the week with 10 picks. Happy that the Jackets upset FSU -- Red Dawg I and Murray are the only ones who picked them. Many ESPN talking heads are predicting that Clemson will be in the College Football Playoff, and they sure looked good today. Some picked Utah for the playoff, but Booger on Finebaum was right about USC winning. Glad I didn't go with him on A&M though. My Dukies won -- someone on ESPN asked if Frank Beamer could ever win another game. ESPN picked Illinois as the Superdog upset -- glad I didn't go with that. But I wish I had gone with "The Bear" and picked Vandy. Glad GT beat FSU even though I didn't pick them -- Go Jackets! Tennessee and Auburn were close to winning -- congrats to those coaches and teams anyhow. I had too much time on my hands this week.

View attachment 57283

I selected my picks at the Michael Katz tasting room in Livermore, CA on Friday. For those of you who are winos, if you go to Livermore you might put it in rotation with Napa, great.. real...people. Headed home from Houston today and get to drive 9 hours through the remnants of Patricia. Looking forward to home and watching Alabama kill LSU next week on the upper deck of Whiskey Bravo! RTR!

I selected my picks at the Michael Katz tasting room in Livermore, CA on Friday. For those of you who are winos, if you go to Livermore you might put it in rotation with Napa, great.. real...people. Headed home from Houston today and get to drive 9 hours through the remnants of Patricia. Looking forward to home and watching Alabama kill LSU next week on the upper deck of Whiskey Bravo! RTR!
Cool! I was tempted to take a research sabbatical at Livermore, but didn't due to having a baby. We would love to be at the beach next weekend, but we've had too many thugs cause us problems on Halloween. So we turn off the lights and have a gun ready. Have fun at WB! Great place to watch games, even though sometimes it's dizzying for me.