• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Virginia
Oklahoma
Michigan
Wake Forest
Memphis
Arizona St
Alabama
Georgia
Florida +13.5
Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Missouri
Notre Dame
Florida St +26.5
Penn St

Here are the Week 7 matches. Halfway through the regular season.
This is AP Week. 19 teams from the AP rankings. 4 matches have two ranked teams.
First game Friday.

Virginia @ Miami (FL)
Oklahoma @ Texas +9.5
Michigan @ Illinois +19.5
Louisville +6.5 @ Wake Forest
Memphis @ Temple
Washington St @ Arizona St 18
Alabama @ Texas AM +18.5
South Carolina +25.5 @ Georgia
Florida +13.5 @ LSU
Michigan St +9.5 @ Wisconsin
Cincinnati @ Houston
Mississippi +8.5 @ Missouri
Southern Cal+10.5 @ Notre Dame
Florida St +26.5 @ Clemson
Penn St @ Iowa

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Miami (FL) posted earlier
Oklahoma
Michigan
Wake Forest
Memphis
Arizona St

Alabama
Georgia
Florida +13.5
Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Mississippi +8.5
Notre Dame
Clemson
Penn St

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Read'em and weep Sports Fans! Pickem's Week 7
Congratulations to Lady D for leap-frogging aTmMom to gain the season's leadership.
Congratulations to Red Dawg I for 10 impressive winning picks.

Annotation 2019-10-13 074730.jpg

cnestg8r

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
For those interested in trivia; The Favorite won 9/15, but lost 2 without using points. The Favorite lost 4 giving points (did-not-cover). The Favorite did cover 5 points games.

Usually, I avoid using games with spreads over 14. Do you prefer the focus on ranked teams, or minimizing points games?

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
For those interested in trivia; The Favorite won 9/15, but lost 2 without using points. The Favorite lost 4 giving points (did-not-cover). The Favorite did cover 5 points games.

Usually, I avoid using games with spreads over 14. Do you prefer the focus on ranked teams, or minimizing points games?

I like the point spread games. Just didn't think them out more like I should of. Maybe 4 spread games a week at most.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008

Obviously the time you put into the picks make this interesting. I am up to whatever you want to do. Although I would like to pick a few more winners...:thanks:

I think the points games rely too much on Vegas, and the people in Vegas are not sports experts as Finebaum said on his show this week. Does it make sense to divide the plus/minus by some factor, say 2? I don't like points games, but with no points the slate of teams is just a boring bunch of teams, especially if the spread is over 14. There's no "point" (pardon the pun) in putting a game like Florida versus Towson on the slate with no points because everyone will pick the obvious team, and that's not fun. At this "point" in the season, I like seeing the important games on the slate. I'm talking in circles. You know, it just depends on the week and how many good teams are playing each other. I understand how hard it is to pick the slate, cnestgr. I prefer focusing on ranked teams.