• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Kathydwells, thanks for that correction. I think the article I read in the Walton Sun (already washed my windows with it) noted it was a 25 story building. Regardless, it will be well over the 50 ft limit set for SoWal.

TFT, why don't the Commissioners reply to everyone's emails, or do all of them dislike me?

Scooterbug, I also thought that the BCC passed that height restriction for all of the County, until I read this article with Scott Brannon stating that it was brought up, but voted down. Don't let this project, which may indeed be full of holes, stop you from sending in those emails for height restrictions for all of Walton County. Maybe this project won't fly, but what about the next one? Write those emails and make those phone calls.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
We definitely need a concrete and clear 50' height restriction for all of Walton County!!!

Could people please post the email responses they receive from the commissioners?

Thought occurred to me: They are building UP because the site has so many wetlands they can't build OUT............wouldn't it be cheaper to build elsewhere rather than paying for all the structure necessary to support a 25/26 story building on wetland type soil?

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
:dunno: Actually I would expect them to send you the same response every day until you give in and put them on your blocked list. :rofl:
:rotfl: I don't even receive an automated reply like, "Thank you for your recent email. We appreciate your concern and interest in Walton County." What the F is up with that. :dunno: I will say that Sarah Commander sent me a personalized email once before regarding a concern I had :clap:, but she is the only one. I know they are busy and don't even read all of the emails, but at least have a staffer input some automated reply, noting receipt of the email. It ain't rocket science.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
: I know they are busy and don't even read all of the emails, but at least have a staffer input some automated reply, noting receipt of the email. It ain't rocket science.

Maybe the staffers were sacrificed to the Gods of the Tax Cut?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Maybe the staffers were sacrificed to the Gods of the Tax Cut?

:rotfl: Yeah, right. I did get an automated response from one of the Commissioner's assistant, stating that she would be out of town until Sept 17. However, she didn't even say which Commissioner employed her. That reply lets me know that the Commissioner who employs her, forwards all of his or her emails to the Assistant, likely not reading any emails. Rather, the Assistant probably just prints, sorts and categorizes the emails into piles of for and agin.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I read in the Walton Sun today, that Commissioner Pridgen, who owns a BayFront lot near the proposed 25 story project, states that he is in favor of establishing a height limit on NoWal property. Let's get this thing wrapped up people! Write those emails and make those phone calls, and don't give them any chance to go through with this or other high-rise projects in WalCo. Let them hear you with clarity.

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
We live in Blackcreek and we were just wondering what is so wrong with having this development here? What's the difference in having 300 homes in the same location.

How will this affect you?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
We live in Blackcreek and we were just wondering what is so wrong with having this development here? What's the difference in having 300 homes in the same location.

How will this affect you?
On that 55 acre parcel, they would never be allowed to develop half of it due to the wetlands. I'll tell you a few reasons what I think is wrong with it. One thing is that it would be out of character for the area. Also, if they were able to build vertically, you would see many other people beginning to submit their projects for similar high-rises and before you know it, densities would be so high that the infrastructure would have no way of supporting the numbers of people. Go look of the three very important words on the County Seal, and you will see another reason why this high rise proposal doesn't fit with the County's direction of the future.

Give Black Creek a few years and when you feel the impact of all of the low rise development about to happen in that area, and you will scrap your idea of how great a high rise would be, adding to more of the soon-to-be congestion. There is probably nothing wrong with high-rises, if you plan to sell your property and never to return to the madness. You could make good money on the land, and never have to see a damn thing.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
There is probably nothing wrong with high-rises, if you plan to sell your property and never to return to the madness. You could make good money on the land, and never have to see a damn thing.

But that's the definition for "Developer" in the dictionary :dunno: