• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

cwalen

Beach Comber
Apr 5, 2016
Baltimore
Hello,

My family is interested in possibly coming to SoWal for a month next year. 3rd wk of July - 3rd wk of Aug. We need a 2bd house south of 30a and prefer Dune Allen, Santa Rosa, BMB, Grayton, Seagrove or even Seacrest or Inlet Beach. I would rather stay away from the traffic of Seaside and sadly we can't afford Rosemary.

Does anyone know of rental companies who handle multiple week rentals?

Are we insane to consider this time of year because of hurricane season?

desertbluff

Beach Lover
Feb 6, 2008
Tucson, AZ
We've rented houses for multiple weeks for the past 14 years, but we usually arrive sometime after mid-August. Availability will likely be more difficult and costs will be significantly more expensive during the timeframe you want, so I would suggest renting as early as possible for next year, particularly if you want something south of 30-A. We typically finalize arrangements in January or February for rentals in September -October. If you look on VRBO or HomeAway, you can e-mail the owners or the real estate company with the dates you would like and they will give you a quote. We've been very successful in negotiating reduced rates for multiple weeks, particularly for stays of 4 - 6 weeks, so don't be shy about asking. For our upcoming stay, the real estate gave us a monthly rate, which was definitely less than the total of 4 weeks at the weekly rate. Good luck!