• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
I'm kind of bummed out. I heard from someone that works at the 3-Thirty-1 that it and the SeaBar are closing for good in November and the land was sold, or in the process of being sold, to the state for the road expansion. Anyone heard anything about this?

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Nothing official that I can see, but it's just a matter of time for the 331. The only question is when.

However, I'm no expert, but I would think that the Seabar is far enough from the right-of-way to survive. :dunno: Guess it's up to the owner...

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
FLSunChaser said:
I'm kind of bummed out. I heard from someone that works at the 3-Thirty-1 that it and the SeaBar are closing for good in November and the land was sold, or in the process of being sold, to the state for the road expansion. Anyone heard anything about this?
I've heard that too.
I'll be there when the walls go down.
Right now they can leave me in while they take 'em down.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I love the restaurant, but I have never liked its proximity to a major US highway. Ever tried to cross the road on foot there? It's like playing Russian roulette. So this may be a blessing in disguise. Just a matter of time before someone was hurt or killed by some maniac doing 80 coming off the bridge.

I hope Oli can find another place on the bay in a quieter, safer spot. There are not enough bayfront dining spots around, IMO. There is somethingn about the tranquility of the bay that really lends itself to a good dining experience.

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
Paula said:
:eek: Not good news for those of us who enjoy Cafe Thirty A and 331. I thought 331 was fairly new?
It used to be Bailey's. Bailey's was there forever. Then Oli bought it and made it 331.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
OMG...will I have to cook again? :eek: