• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
[ waiting for an owner. TDC can't tag it and nobody can remove it. It may be there all summer. I'm surprised I haven't prompted someone to steal it yet. It's a beaut! 12 feet across and cup holders! No, I'm not advocating stealing. I am advocating removing abandoned property.
Oh, wait.....I get it. Maybe the owners are planning to return in August and their pool will still be there for them. How dumb of me not to think of that. :doh:

Now you are starting to understand. Make the beaches public then you can clean at will.

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Just curious, Wrobert, when was the last time you actually went to the beach? I don't mean drove by and took a look from 30A, I mean got down there and walked around, maybe took a swim or something?

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Great minds must think alike.:ninja::ninja::ninja:

What I am thinking about doing is spearheading a 'night out against crap' sunset party at Grayton soon. I think it would be nice to sell the stickers for a few bucks and donate the proceeds to Mary Brady to help with her legal fees.

Count me in! After all 30-A will be "no funn" if this crap isn't addressed head on and soon!

Sheila

SoWal Insider
The two little guys in my avatars have been taught from day one, what a treasure our beaches are. Camden, at the ripe old age of 3 goes to the beach with a bag to pick up anything that's been left upon our arrival.

He fully understands at the end of the beach day, no trash is left, any holes he's dug are filled in, and you leave with what you brought.

He also understands, the turtles are a special gift and they may not be there if you don't make sure it's safe for them to be there, He's 3. How old do you need to be to get this?!? :dunno:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I'm beginning to think it's how young...I have a friend who is always saying: "yeah, I did that when I was old, but now..."

it's a state of mind and the ones who never lose that childlike wonder are the ones who "get it"....

kimbug

Beach Lover
Apr 8, 2005
Northeast Ohio
:clap:...thank you, croixbum...you rock! Let us know the outcome! Come on visitors and lovers of the beaches of sowal...let them know how distasteful the crap left on the beach is to you!

I'll be there July 9-19...I'll complain too! I can't stand those tent things.