1. Trouble logging in? Send a message with your username & email address for help.
    Dismiss Notice

30-A Take Out Taxi Delivers Dinner to Your Front Door!

Discussion in 'Business, Goods and Services' started by ScottMcK3113, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ScottMcK3113

ScottMcK3113 Beach Comber

30-A Take Out Taxi is a food delivery company that delivers your dinner from your favorite 30-A area restaurant to your front door!

We deliver nightly from 5-10 pm central to all areas on 30-A and most South Walton areas.

Here's how it works ....

(1) Call your favorite 30-A area restaurant and place your order. Go ahead and pay for your order over the phone with the restaurant. Tell the restaurant that 30-A Take Out Taxi will be coming to pick up your meal.

(2) Call us immediately! Give us the details of your order and we will go pick it up and deliver it to you!

How simple is that?!?!?!

There is a $10 delivery fee (plus any appreciated tip for the driver) and you will pay the driver the delivery fee when he/she arrives with your food.

HERE IS THE NUMBER! SAVE IT! (850) 461-0892

Don't fight the crazy traffic ... enjoy more time at the beach, at the pool or on the couch! CALL 30-A Take Out Taxi and let us deliver your dinner!

2. HD Lady

HD Lady Beach Fanatic

Sounds like a great service for the area. Good luck to you.

3. Zebraspots

Zebraspots Beach Fanatic

We had this service at college and it was fantastic!

4. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Keep us posted.

5. Franny

Franny Beach Fanatic

I remember this type of delivery service in Atlanta. Pretty cool!

6. ktape

ktape Beach Comber

Tried to use tonight, never got call back. Picked up food myself.

7. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Bummer.

8. Jackalope

Jackalope Beach Lover

I've considered starting a service similiar to this in the past. I just couldn't get the numbers to work out where it would be profitable. $10 is cheap. Mileage deduction is $.58/mile? So if I use that as a cost estimate and assume 10 miles per delivery round trip. That's an estimated operating cost of 58% in vehicle expenses or reimbursement to a driver if they use their own vehicle. The driver would be completely reliant on tips. If a driver has paying fares lined up for their cab, he/she doesn't have much incentive to return a call . Of course, I'm no expert and my numbers could be way off. Just thinking out loud.
    *shrug*

9. ScottMcK3113

UPDATE:

First of all let me apologize to Cisco and anyone else who called Saturday night. Our call center took a lightning strike Saturday and totally knocked us offline. It was horrible and completely unexpected. Our service has made the necessary changes and we have been assured we will be back up and running today without interruption. I regret we missed your calls but I have been assured now that we can withstand most anything. I guess this is part of what we call "growing pains" for a start-up business.

Secondly, we did spent many months in discovery in determining the viability of this type of business. We feel that is (1) a much needed service in our area and (2) cost-effective for the company and the drivers.

Again ... we apologize for the inconvenience with the phone service but we are thankful for it being repaired and ready to go now.

Give us a call tonight and let us deliver your dinner!

10. chip hagler

chip hagler Beach Lover

Best of luck and thanks for letting folks know what happened.

11. Jackalope

Jackalope Beach Lover

I hope you didnt read my post as a negative towards you. I genuinely considered doing this in the past and I hope it works out. I see a market for this type of service. Combining the business seems like a way to offset costs and down time for drivers. Good for you for making a go at it. Best of luck!

12. ScottMcK3113

Thanks Navy Chiefl We appreciate everyone's patience. We are trying to brainstorm and come up with something to thank those who tried to use our service but could not get through.

And, thanks Jackalope .... we did not take it as negative at all! We always welcome the input - good or bad - its what makes companies better! And, we want to be the very best we can for our customers. One thing we have learned over the years is that if you are in business for the right reasons, and not just the financial gain, then the chances for success are always greater! Please continue to always give us feedback!

And ... ps ... we have set up a new back-up plan now in case our lines are down! Yay!!!!! No one goes hungry around here!

13. DuneAHH

DuneAHH Beach Fanatic

Tried this out for the first time tonight! Phenomenal communication / customer svc. from all involved parties (Hanie @ Marie's Bistro and both Scott & Kent w/ 30A Take Out Taxi)! NYC delivery bennies at the beach!! A triple-win business model... win for hungry foodies, win for restaurants, winning wonderful new biz / employer! THANKS ALL from your newest enthusiastic supporter!

14. spaglioni

spaglioni Beach Lover

Do you have a website?