• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Last night, I met several of the songwriters and I cannot wait to hear them perform. Keep in mind that this is a mix of professional songwriters with top hits, along with other songwriters whose songs we have yet to hear. I love that we will be hearing from the original source of the music. Let the shows begin.

I'll add that the schedule (line-up) has shifted slightly so be sure to go to 30A Songwriters Festival to get the most updated schedule.

Thanks to all of the organizers, artists, volunteers and sponsors for bringing this uber-cool event to SoWal.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
These are "listening rooms" - people are here to listen to the artists perform and discuss their work. Try to keep noise and talking to a minimum. (It will be hard, but I will be adhering to this rule:lol:)

And turn off your cell phones! :wave:

nefasto2

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2009
Saturday Pass!

I live here but apparently well stashed under a rock. Seems the tickets are all gone! If anyone has a Saturday pass they are not going to need, I would love to purchase. Thanks a million.

-Waiting eagerly in Seagrove.

Last edited:

WoolyFSU

Beach Comber
Dec 1, 2009
Old Grove
Im in the same boat as nefasto2, I'd really appreciate a couple for saturday if theres any out there. spent all week moving in to my new place in the grove (been living in niceville) and thought you only needed a band for fri at Bud's and Sunday for the Indigo Girls. I just want to listen to some good tunes and enjoy my birthday weekend (turning 30 tues), so please give me a shout if you can help out.
-Tyler 850-251-4289

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
A little video - 30A Kicks off its First Ever Songwriters Festival

Chances are you've heard of the muscial groups, Hall and Oates, the Bangles maybe the Indigo Girls?
How 'bout Matthew Sweet, Chely Wright, Shaun Mullins or Rodney Crowell?
All of them have had solid careers as recording artists and songwriters.
And all you'll have the chance to see some of them perform this weekend in South Walton County.
Things are still in full swing out here and it's been a way bigger turn out than anyone expected.
Artists from all over are in attendance and earlier today I got to go behind the scenes with featured artist Donnie Sundal to find out just what exactly goes in to recording a song.
This studio at Neptone Recording is Donnie Sundal's playground.
"I think my main focus is really being a singer and songwriter and i did finally finish a record that i have been working on for quite awhile" Sundal says.
But he says it has taken him a lot of hard work, time, and concentration to get to this point, and the process may not be what you were expecting.
"All the time people ask me to come to the studio to see it and about 30 min into it they're snoring and i think they think they're gonna come right into when all the magic happens and the magic defintely does happen, but alot of it is the work after the fact" Sundal explains.
But a finished record--just in time.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
Last night we sold over 100 wrist bands for one night only at Bluz. If you are looking for some great music and forgot to buy a weekend pass, check it out.