• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Bad wreck on 331 - beware

there has been a serious accident on the 331 causeway this evening (Saturday 6/24). Please avoid that area tonight if possible...whole lotta southbound (and northbound) traffic backed up. If you have friends or family on the way down, may want to contact them and advise them to take an alternate route tonight.

FHP traffic incident site confirms one fatality; hub is about to go on duty and called substation and was advised three fatalities. I am hoping he misunderstood.

Please, lets all be careful -

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Re: Bad wreck on 331 - beware

So that could be why traffic was backing up more than usual during the evening on the Mid Bay Bridge. Usually it seems like the Saturday traffic there starts to calm down around dinner time.

Crazy day out there today. There was also a motorcycle wreck on FL 20 in Seminole by that no-name gas station that tends to have gas when no one else does because a lot of people forget it's there. That one looked painful but non-fatal from what we could see of it.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg

:sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington

We saw all the lights and heard sirens from the bay. Then we saw two med choppers fly over so we knew it was bad. So sad.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg

any news? I hate things like this...no time is good...but during vacation time....:sosad: :sosad: The whole time I drove my kids down there I was very aware of being extra careful! So many more people on the road...and so many distractions these days!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama

It is so sad..I tried to get to the Walton Sun, but I think they are having issues. I have a subscription, but it is messed up today. I am going to keep trying.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington

I'm sure the official release is out by now, but four in all. :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL

Short article from the Daily News:

http://tinyurl.com/m4sj8

" SANTA ROSA BEACH ? Three people died and four more were taken to area hospitals Saturday after a traffic accident at the foot of the Clyde B. Wells Bridge in Walton County.

District Chief Marc Anderson, of the South Walton Fire District, said firefighters were called to the accident on the north side of the bridge just before 5 p.m.

He said three people, two in one vehicle and one in a second vehicle, died at the scene...."