• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Hey all, I was headed out of town and was diverted at 331/98. I called the S.O. and was told there was a bad crash at the top of the bridge. Prayers are needed I'm sure.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
My wife verified on FHP's web-site that it is a fatality. Very sad.

Creeklover

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2007
Yes one person died in the accident. It was a headon collision on the top of the bridge. I was talking to a WCSO deputy and he said they both were from Blue Mountion Beach area but did not have their names.

Also at the same time a WCSO Deputy hit a chevy car inthe rear north by the little bridge. The lady was stoped in the road and he came over the bridge and did not see her. They took the SO car away on a tow truck.

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
Update

http://www.panhandleparade.com/index.php/mbb/article/clyde_b_wells_bridge_closed/mbb7713237/

Wells Bridge Accident Victims Identified
01/11/09 - 07:36 PM

RSS Feed
Walton County, Fla:

This morning the Florida Highway Patrol releases the names of two men involved in a head on collision.

Officers say Daniel Fritz Edwards, 40 of Santa Rosa Beach, was traveling Southbound on U.S. 331 at the center of the Clyde Wells Bridge around 5:30 p.m. last night when he drove left of the center line striking Jimmy Russell Manucy, 49 also of Santa Rosa Beach. Mauncy was traveling Northbound when his Dodge truck was hit head on. Both vehicles spun out before coming to a stop facing opposite directions.

Officials with the Florida Highway Patrol closed the Clyde Wells bridge for several hours while working the accident. Edwards was declared dead and Mauncy was transported to Sacred Heart Hospital in critical condition.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
WZEP AM 1460 First News Add-On Accident Update

331 Accident

An accident between two pick-up trucks that collided head-on near the south end of the Clyde B. Wells Bridge closed U.S. 331 over the bay for several hours yesterday evening and into the night. Emergency responders from the South Walton Fire District, Walton Sheriff?s Office and the Florida Highway Patrol worked the serious accident. The accident had one fatality at the scene and one person transported to the hospital.

The FHP says, around 5:30pm Sunday, a 1988 Nissan truck, driven by 40-year-old Daniel Fritz Edwards of Santa Rosa Beach, was traveling south on U.S. 331 at the center of the Clyde Wells Bridge. A second truck, a 1996 Dodge, driven by 49-year-old Jimmy Russell Manucy, also of Santa Rosa Beach, was traveling northbound. For an unknown reason, the first truck drove left of the centerline and into the northbound lane and struck the second truck. Both trucks rotated counter-clockwise and came to a rest blocking traffic, shutting down the roadway.

The FHP says Edwards, the driver of the first truck was not wearing a seat belt and drugs/alcohol tests are pending. He is listed as a fatality. The driver of the second truck, Manucy, is listed with critical injuries and also was not wearing a seat belt. Drug/alcohol tests are also pending for him. Charges are listed as pending.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
Tragic

Anyone know who Jimmy Manucy is? I thought I knew a Manucy from Georgia that had moved down here.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
Wow! It is not Dan Edwards from Blu! Glad to hear that but still very sad about this wreck. What a crazy week.

I just got off the phone with Dan. My prayers are with all those involved in yet another tragic wreck on 331. I truly pray alcohol was not a factor. Not that it makes it any better but not another senseless wreck!

criolla man

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2005
The Bay
I only knew Fritz briefly - since November. He seemed like a very kind soul. He shared only a small part of his life story with me. The news of his passing is disheartening. I was looking forward to seeing him again around town.

JamBone

Beach Fanatic
Jan 24, 2008
SRB FL
oh my - fritz was a regular patron at jambone along with his sweet mother. he was a very kind soul and such a pleasant man. what a very sad tragedy. all of our thoughts and prayers are with his spirit and with his family. and a dear best wish for mr. mauncy for a healthy recovery from his trauma as well...