• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA

Did 331 get up and running again? I liked that place, but have not been there for a long time. I also like SNAPPERHEADS in Santa Rosa for a local grill. what other places you recommend? :lol:

Waterman said:

Did 331 get up and running again? I liked that place, but have not been there for a long time. I also like SNAPPERHEADS in Santa Rosa for a local grill. what other places you recommend? :lol:

Try the Smiling Fish Cafe in Blue Mountain. Great food and service :wink: Oh yeah! and Blue By Night in Rosemary Beach (call and get a reserved outside table) Again, great food and service. :mrgreen:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Be sure to try Cafe Tango in Blue Mountain Beach on 30A next to Snapper Heads for a quite dinner for 2-4ppl. It is very quaint. Also, you must visit my favorite pick, Borago, in Grayton Beach next to Lilly Pads and close to Criolla's. Criolla's is also excellent if you are looking for fine dining. Another place for fine dining is Fish Out of Water in WaterColor. The food is great, service can be average to good.

Again, my best local pick overall for service, food & bev, and price is BORAGO. Have Jay, the Bartender, set you up with a choclatini for dessert. If you like scallops, try the appetizer with the Sea Scallops and roasted tomatoes -- fantastic!

Smiling JOe said:
Be sure to try Cafe Tango in Blue Mountain Beach on 30A next to Snapper Heads for a quite dinner for 2-4ppl. It is very quaint. Also, you must visit my favorite pick, Borago, in Grayton Beach next to Lilly Pads and close to Criolla's. Criolla's is also excellent if you are looking for fine dining. Another place for fine dining is Fish Out of Water in WaterColor. The food is great, service can be average to good.

Again, my best local pick overall for service, food & bev, and price is BORAGO. Have Jay, the Bartender, set you up with a choclatini for dessert. If you like scallops, try the appetizer with the Sea Scallops and roasted tomatoes -- fantastic!

No doubt we'll be going there! What is the name of that watersports rental store on the corner of the shopping center at 30A and the road leading into Grayton??

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Did I mention that each of my recommendations accepts credit cards. (Hint, hint Oli (Red Bar & 331) and Donut Hole.) I did leave off the Donut Hole, which is a bit out of the way, and remember your cash if you go. The food is great for sandwiches and full breakfast, but breakfast is a bit pricey and the wait for a table can take a while, but well worth it for some comfort food.

Smiling JOe said:
Did I mention that each of my recommendations accepts credit cards. (Hint, hint Oli (Red Bar & 331) and Donut Hole.) I did leave off the Donut Hole, which is a bit out of the way, and remember your cash if you go. The food is great for sandwiches and full breakfast, but breakfast is a bit pricey and the wait for a table can take a while, but well worth it for some comfort food.

Yup, bout had to wash dishes for Oli the first time I went to the Red Bar :blush:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Yes the 331 is open, except for Wed and Thur nights during the winter. The Red Bar is closed on Mon and Tue nights for the Winter also. So you have a choice between the two. Both have ATMs.

I agree about Borago. It is excellent.

The rental shop is Yellow Fin Ocean Sports.

Criollas, Cafe Tango, and Smiling Fish are all good choices.

Sandor's by the Seagrove Market, Bloom's Cafe near Capo's are also primo. But you have to call ahead as they are small and are open only on certain nights.

The food I eat most often is from The Thai Cafe, next to the Grayton Fitness Center because I love it and it's very convenient to call ahead from the beach and pick up on the way home.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
Thanks for the resturant tips! I will be coming in a couple of weeks, and look forward to trying some of those choices. Kurt, I love Thai food, so that will be one I hit soon! :lol:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Waterman said:
Thanks for the resturant tips! I will be coming in a couple of weeks, and look forward to trying some of those choices. Kurt, I love Thai food, so that will be one I hit soon! :lol:

The Thai Cafe is a satellite for The Royal Orchid in Sandestin - go there if you want a table.

Oldtimer

Beach Lover
Nov 16, 2004
Mississippi Bound
We had dinner at 331 on Friday and it was delicious. We took enough food home for dinner the next night. Don't forget Seagrove Village Market Cafe, great burgers and po'boys.

Blue Luna has tasty lunches and eclectic atmosphere. This is the time of year to enjoy dining out as the crowds are a little less than spring and summer. Lots of good choices for everyone now...it helps to bring lots of money!!!