• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

standing

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2009
Did anyone notice something missing from the 4TH July Parade. My family have been coming to Seaside for 12 years, this year we were able to buy a home in Seagrove. Were in town for the 4th our kids standng on 30A waiting on the parade for their favorite float and "Bam" NO Margarita Memaws

standing

Beach Comber
Jul 6, 2009
Margarita Memaws

Were the Memaws a group of women?
They were women and men dressed like old memaws always had a very large float and threw tons of beads and toys, and last year had won first place for 6 years in a row

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
:dunno:

:cry:

Maybe we should start a new margarita parade group? That is a theme that I might just be able to pull off!

:whack: We already have a wine themed group.

I don't want to get into the specifics, but needless to say the meemaws have gone to a better place.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
It's too bad the original Krewe took the year off, maybe they will be back.

FYI, The Krewe of the Margaraita Memaws do have a sister Krewe that parades in a different state on July 4th. That Krewe is in its second year of existence and doubled in size since its inception last year. It was authorized by the original Krewe initiators and has one of the original Krewe members, and the first Queen Ruby.
One note of caution is that you should be careful about starting another one without authorization as the membership is very selective! The NOLA originators could come looking for you... ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There's is also the Krewe of Cork. In fact one of our own sowallers was Queen Shrimp No Tails, Dutchess of Frisee.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
There's is also the Krewe of Cork. In fact one of our own sowallers was Queen Shrimp No Tails, Dutchess of Frisee.

That is awesome! :clap: