• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
Flute Workshop for Children at Fonville Press

Alys Beach, Florida ? (April 23, 2008) ? Fonville Press?a popular coffee shop, newsstand and wine bar located on County Road 30A in Alys Beach?will host a free flute-playing workshop for children on Thursday, May 1st from 9 a.m. until 10 a.m.

The workshop will be led by composer, recording artist and ?multi-instrumentalist? James Wisniewski of ?wZ? (www.jimmiwz.com).

Over three decades, Wisniewski has studied and shared billings with such renowned artists as Julius Baker, Ornette Coleman and Herbie Mann. Following dozens of recordings, Wisniewski?s latest creations ?echo of ancient musicians and vibrations of the present,? blending Oriental, Indian, Native and South American sounds.

During the workshop, children will have the opportunity to see instruments from all around the world, including Tibetan singing bowls, African percussion instruments, flutes from India, China and South America, and many more.

?We explain each instrument with amusing and informative stories about their history and uses,? said Wisniewski. ?We?ll also demonstrate how to make a flute, even creating a few flutes right on the spot.?

Children are then given a flute, along with special instruction on how to play them.

?The flutes are made out of bamboo that I grow in my yard,? said Wisniewski. ?Of course, the little ones get to keep them.?

This free family-friendly event is open to the public. For more information, please call 1-866-481-8387 or email events@alysbeach.com. For more information about James Wisniewski, visit www.jimmiwz.com.

ABOUT ALYS BEACH
One of the most beautiful new towns in the world, Alys Beach is located on Scenic Highway 30A in Florida?s panhandle, along what The New York Times said ?may be the best beach in the continental U.S.?

Alys Beach?s extraordinary architectural vision drew inspirations from both Bermuda and the family courtyard homes of Antigua, Guatemala. When complete, the town will be home to over 600 villas, rowhouses, courtyard homes and family compound retreats, as well as numerous restaurants, parks and shops. All homes in Alys Beach are built to Fortified?For Safer Living? building standards, as certified by the Institute for Business & Home Safety, and are also built to the Green Home Designation Standard of the Florida Green Building Coalition.

?Alys Beach may be the most truly innovative community under construction in the United States today, and it will eventually be imitated everywhere,? said Andr?s Duany, who was ranked one of the Top 5 most influential people in home building by Builder magazine.

For sales or rental information, please call 866-481-8387 or visit www.alysbeach.com.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
We were talking about this event yesterday. I wish it wasn't during school hours.:cry:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
It is too bad this is offered during a school day because it could be an awesome experience for local children. :blink:

spidey is going with his school! I was thinking of taking him out of school for this one, but the teachers decided to do a little field trip to alys. thanks teachers! thanks alys beach! thanks wiz!

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
spidey is going with his school! I was thinking of taking him out of school for this one, but the teachers decided to do a little field trip to alys. thanks teachers! thanks alys beach! thanks wiz!

That is WONDERFUL!! I was even thinking that some parents might consider taking their kids out of school for a quick visit. But a field trip is even better to share the excitement with each other. This makes me happy.

When my son was in kindergarten, this is exactly what happened to him. He came home from school and said "I want to play the jello." (I knew he meant cello.) But it was from being exposed to something just like this. You never know what might spark an interest in a little one. :love: You know, music is the universal language in everyone.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
That is WONDERFUL!! I was even thinking that some parents might consider taking their kids out of school for a quick visit. But a field trip is even better to share the excitement with each other. This makes me happy.

When my son was in kindergarten, this is exactly what happened to him. He came home from school and said "I want to play the jello." (I knew he meant cello.) But it was from being exposed to something just like this. You never know what might spark an interest in a little one. :love: You know, music is the universal language in everyone.

the jello. that is precious. spidey came home one day from the beach when wiz (the flute dude) had lots of drums and instruments on the beach at sunset and all the adults and kids participated in a sunset drumming. spidey was so excited and said he got to play the tangerine. :lol:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
the jello. that is precious. spidey came home one day from the beach when wiz (the flute dude) had lots of drums and instruments on the beach at sunset and all the adults and kids participated in a sunset drumming. spidey was so excited and said he got to play the tangerine. :lol:

tangerine!! :love:

Wish they'd stay this age forever.

Alys Beach

Beach Fanatic
Sep 13, 2006
www.alysbeach.com
flutes.jpg