• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Message from lurker, steeleing2, aka Julie Steele

To all the South Walton locals, I want your help on Saturday, April 1.
I am organizing a 5K Fun Run/Walk for Habitat for Humanity and I need

volunteers and participants. If you want to run or walk, go to

www.waltoncountyhabitat.org to pre-register online. You can also pick up a

reg. form at Borago or the Seaside Rep or Amore if you are at any one of

those fine establishments.

I do also need volunteers for this event. You can help with registration,

timing, setting up, awards, and food and beverage service, and just about

anything else. Just email me at juliesteele@ilovetrees.net and let me know what you are interested in.

I want this event to be fun (even though it is at 8 AM), and what will

make it more fun than having all of my friends involved?

Thanks, Julie

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
How long will the event last? We're arriving that Saturday, though not as early as 8 am. If there's clean-up assistance needed closer to the noon hour, Merman and I would be happy to pitch in.

Also, do you know what part of the road will be blocked off? We don't want to contribute to any vehicular confusion on 30-A!!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Yes, she is, just remember not to use the garden hose which makes the water taste a little funky. ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jessifunn said:
i'm there. i'm a really good water girl ask smiley j.

Have y'all made the paper yet??? Whitey needs to use that honor in her resume.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Mermaid said:
How long will the event last? We're arriving that Saturday, though not as early as 8 am. If there's clean-up assistance needed closer to the noon hour, Merman and I would be happy to pitch in.

Also, do you know what part of the road will be blocked off? We don't want to contribute to any vehicular confusion on 30-A!!!
Hey Mermaid, Was trying to get some answers for you. The run is scheduled from 8-11, but the clean up will start probably about 10:00. Hopefully it will all be done before noon. That same night is Jen's Emerald Ball in Water Sound. So much to do! As far as the road goes, one lane of 30A will be blocked for a couple of hours. Hopefully, it won't be too big of an inconvenience at that hour. :D
PS Hope we get to catch up while I'm there!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
steele mama said:
Hey Mermaid, Was trying to get some answers for you. The run is scheduled from 8-11, but the clean up will start probably about 10:00. Hopefully it will all be done before noon. That same night is Jen's Emerald Ball in Water Sound. So much to do! As far as the road goes, one lane of 30A will be blocked for a couple of hours. Hopefully, it won't be too big of an inconvenience at that hour. :D
PS Hope we get to catch up while I'm there!

We probably won't arrive in time, even if we leave the night before to get a jumpstart. :sosad: What is Jen's Emerald Ball? If you need help setting up/cleaning up, tell me! Parties are one thing I have a handle on (planning, promoting, organizing, doing scut work when it's done...you name it, I've been involved in one way or another).

We'll have to get together that week, yes!

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
Mermaid said:
We probably won't arrive in time, even if we leave the night before to get a jumpstart. :sosad: What is Jen's Emerald Ball? If you need help setting up/cleaning up, tell me! Parties are one thing I have a handle on (planning, promoting, organizing, doing scut work when it's done...you name it, I've been involved in one way or another).

We'll have to get together that week, yes!
Hey Mer, #1 was suppose to answer you about the Ball but she has been too busy to log on. I'm sure she would love the help and will contact you this week to let you know more about it. I can't wait to see you!

Also, people, don't forget to sign up to participate in the Fun Walk/Run! Write juliesteele@ilovetrees.net.

steele mama

Beach Fanatic
Mar 14, 2005
Newnan, Georgia
steele mama said:
Also, people, don't forget to sign up to participate in the Fun Walk/Run! Write juliesteele@ilovetrees.net.[/QUOTE]
Count down to the run! Registration forms are at Borago, Amore, Seaside Repertory Theatre, and Run for Your Life (next to Goatfeathers). Or go to waltoncountyhabitat.org click on news and events and download the form. Walk ups also welcomed on the morning of April 30.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
steele mama said:
Hey Mer, #1 was suppose to answer you about the Ball but she has been too busy to log on. I'm sure she would love the help and will contact you this week to let you know more about it. I can't wait to see you!

Also, people, don't forget to sign up to participate in the Fun Walk/Run! Write juliesteele@ilovetrees.net.

I fired off a PM to Steeleing1 offering 2 pairs of extra hands for the evening bash, if she needs any!