723 Whiskey Bravo will not reopen

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by Lisa C, May 6, 2020.

1. Lisa C

Lisa C SoWal Guide Staff Member

723 Whiskey Bravo is Seagrove Beach will not be reopening. It was a great restaurant and will be missed!

A note from Skip & Victoria, we wish them the very best!

Dear Friends,

Ten years ago, 723 Whiskey Bravo was part of a vision for the “2nd half” of our lives. Our vision soon took a life of its own and flourished into what it is today. It has been through our loyal guests and great team that we have had many years of success.

We have been working on the next chapter in our lives and want to let you know that we do not have plans to reopen 723 Whiskey Bravo. To everyone that has walked through our doors - we are thankful. The journey has been like no other and our memories are forever.

The support and hard work of our 723 WB team has been invaluable to us. We couldn’t have done any of this without them as they are the best at what they do and have our highest respect and admiration. They have become a part of our lives and know they will continue to excel and without a doubt have our highest recommendation.

We are excited to continue our life’s journey and begin something new. We truly want to thank the community and all of those who have supported 723 Whiskey Bravo over the years. For the many who have become our friends, we will continue to see you on 30A.

Our Best Always,

Skip & Victoria Moore
    Owners, 723 Whiskey Bravo

130321-seagrove-051-2000.jpg

2. Kurt Lischka

Kurt Lischka Admin Staff Member

Thanks Skip and Victoria, you made a cool place which I'm sure will continue to host good times in the future. All the best!

3. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

Will miss it. Wonder who will take that spot!

4. bob1

bob1 Beach Lover

lol nice first post. You were her employee?

What do you watch, dog?

5. E5150

E5150 Beach Lover

Went to the place a couple of times, thought it was very ordinary.

6. 30A Skunkape

30A Skunkape Mr. Small Box

You are being kind:lol:
    Best use of space: Hooters franchise
    My dream: Diego's of Bay County making an entry here
    Prediction and buzzkill reality: Yet another Perfect Pig location:yawn:

7. E5150

E5150 Beach Lover

You're right, I was. I thought it S-U-C-K-E-D.

8. Teresa

I had some outstanding lunches and dinners at Whiskey Bravo over the years. We had a girls night out for a girlfriend's birthday a few years ago. The place was packed. We had a great time and the food was outstanding and the service was great.. A memorable night. Really enjoyed the food when George Barnes of Smiling Fish was there. My absolute favorite grouper sandwich!

9. 30A Skunkape

It was perhaps the worst local restaurant operation I have ever encountered (nosing out JC's a bit for this dubious honor) prior to George getting in there and pointing it in the right direction. Alas, his tenure was way too short to change the overall culture of that place and it regressed to consistent mediocrity (better than the pre-George era, I'll grant you that). Regardless, it is gone now and hopefully something better will replace it.

10. leeboy

leeboy Beach Lover

Let us never miss an opportunity to kick a sleeping dog.

11. elgordoboy

elgordoboy Beach Fanatic

Pure heat and eat, At least when they first opened. I went once at the start and was blown away by the awesomeness of the design and finishes. Then when my food arrived I recognized it from Sysco's menu of already cooked food. Much like the pork shanks that are on another local establishment’s menu, but the pork shanks are tasty (that Asian dipping sauce is disgusting though). I think leeboy must mean “beating a dead horse” and for that I apologize. This was someone’s dream, but in the future the dreamers should strongly encourage that those around them tell them the truth. It could’ve been the coolest spot in town.

12. James Bentwood

James Bentwood Beach Fanatic

Maybe it will be. I'd name it "The Wheelhouse" and funk it up. The problem is the lack of parking. Another example of a project that shouldn't have been approved. The old Wheelhouse didn't even have enough parking. On the plus side you can get enough business just from walkers and bicyclers in season.

13. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Why all the ass kissing and praise for a dump that was just bored trust fund babies "trying something new". It was hit with mostly miss and despite George's best efforts as noted above it continued to flounder. Almost like a restaurant owned and operated by people who had no idea what they were doing. I'm sure they'll make a pretty penny off the property and move on. Add this to the list of crap restaurants in sowal no one will remember in 5 minutes.

14. carson

carson Beach Fanatic

The restaurant was okay, we watched football games there most Saturdays upstairs. Skip and Victoria were very charitable and raised a lot of money for the local community and charities.

So in typical SoWal fashion, s**t on them. Talk about how great the old days were and wish the new owners immediate and horrible failure.

15. Teresa

Good people! Thanks for your post.

16. bob bob

bob bob Beach Fanatic

fify :spin::floor:

17. 30A Skunkape

Regardless of what one thought of WB or the owners, keep an eye on the property. From what I hear there is no interest in leasing the restaurant out, it is for sale. And along with it are all the old cottages. One price for all. Maybe not a bad deal for the asking price, but the asking price makes no sense to a restaurant operator. Might be that the only way a buyer could turn a profit would be tearing down everything and just building rentals with a little mixed use sprinkled in. Wouldn't that be a shame!

18. RL41

RL41 Beach Comber

Whatever you think of WB, (I never went there, so have no opinion), it's sad to see another restaurant closing. 30A/SoWal already has a limited selection of not particularly good restaurants, so anything that limits the already meagre range of choices further, is not good for the area.

19. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

I didn't say anything about new owners. We have different opinions why not just accept that and move on?

20. liz coats

liz coats Beach Lover

My goodness, some of you are restaurant critics in addition to being experts on everything else.