• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
partial

No one is saying you or anyone else won't be able to use the beach, as you always have.

Add to that FACT, the fact that we (SoWal TDC) have now attracted a lower class of tourist. These are the ones that leave trash, bring dogs without leashes, piss and poop in dunes, drink out of glass bottles, etc.

Beach Front Owners have to deal with the aftermath. That's why they care.

john g and vagrant: would you have a problem if I set up my umbrella and chair for my family on the dry sand directly southward of your house or condo? like someone said on another thread, in the past folks owning property on the beach kinda knew others' enjoyment of the beach "out front" was a given. I understand that some are not respectful but are you in favor of prohibiting all? is your property under assault? you seem to be hung up on the "Lower class" tourist. I'm sorry that enforcement against abuse is lax but y'all seem heavy handed. off putting.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
john g and vagrant: would you have a problem if I set up my umbrella and chair for my family on the dry sand directly southward of your house or condo? like someone said on another thread, in the past folks owning property on the beach kinda knew others' enjoyment of the beach "out front" was a given. I understand that some are not respectful but are you in favor of prohibiting all? is your property under assault? you seem to be hung up on the "Lower class" tourist. I'm sorry that enforcement against abuse is lax but y'all seem heavy handed. off putting.

I wouldn't tell you where you can or cannot set up your chair or umbrella. Where I'd have a problem is when you and yours break out the glass beer bottles, dogs on the beach outside of posted hours, without permits and / or leashes, let your kids (or yourselves) urinate in the dunes, use my foot wash, sit on my walkover, and in general behave like an animal on the beach, leaving trash when you leave. I'd also be annoyed when you return that night with a vendor and start a bon fire and play loud music.

I have a problem with that.

Quid Pro Quo -

do you have a problem if my family and I follow the Standard Operating Procedure of the Walton County Sheriff and clearly designate my property boundaries so people can easily see where my property extends to?

MRBS

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
I wouldn't tell you where you can or cannot set up your chair or umbrella. Where I'd have a problem is when you and yours break out the glass beer bottles, dogs on the beach outside of posted hours, without permits and / or leashes, let your kids (or yourselves) urinate in the dunes, use my foot wash, sit on my walkover, and in general behave like an animal on the beach, leaving trash when you leave. I'd also be annoyed when you return that night with a vendor and start a bon fire and play loud music.

I have a problem with that.

Quid Pro Quo -

do you have a problem if my family and I follow the Standard Operating Procedure of the Walton County Sheriff and clearly designate my property boundaries so people can easily see where my property extends to?

I hear you regarding bad behavior. the sheriffs edict is not the answer as you are probably aware but nonetheless has been thrust in your face. I am sorry that existing ordinances regarding your real complaints have not been enforced such that you have to comply with a bad policy. your property must be the epicenter of bad behavior but punishing all other good actors with the chilling signs ropes etc is not the way to go about it. I am sorry. how often do these incidents occur?