• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

pat3797

Beach Comber
Apr 22, 2005
Good morning all. I have been a daily reader of this forum since joining awhile back. We have been interested in mostly South Walton and 30a in general but due to our age and need for good rentals - Destin probably makes more sense short term although in 10 years I see us in SoWa.

My questions - since there seems to be many well informed people following these threads - is what is the feeling about Silver Shells in Destin. We really like the St Maarten Building and prices have seemed to come down some. Rentals appear strong, etc.

Are there any possible flooding issues?

Problems with the beach?

Onsite mgt issues?

Anything else which would be a red flag?

We have stayed there numerous times and love the openess of the property - especially with kids.

If anyone has any other suggestions - please feel free to add them.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

:funn:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
It seems like a great location with the state park right there to the east.

Flood map info from Okaloosa County is available here:

http://gissv3.co.okaloosa.fl.us/disclaimer.htm

I can't remember Silver Shells having direct flooding problems. The public beach in front of the complex gives is something of a buffer zone, unlike the place they built where June's Dunes used to be which has had washout problems (and that kids, is why you don't build south of the Coastal Control line even if you've got permission to do so)