• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GVM

Beach Lover
Dec 25, 2004
Here's a link to a market summary for Jackson Hole, Wy, a market that's driven by end users, not speculators, and it's a market that continues to be very strong. Reads like a South Walton report from a few years ago.

http://jacksonholereport.com/

fisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 19, 2005
Here's a link to a market summary for Jackson Hole, Wy, a market that's driven by end users, not speculators, and it's a market that continues to be very strong. Reads like a South Walton report from a few years ago.

Average prices are up roughly 25%, but number of units sold is down 20%. On such a small sample size of less than 1000 units sold, the average price can fluctuate greatly if only a small number of really big dollar houses sells. the big gainer in average transaction price was raw land--a couple of sales of giant ranches could skew the average price dramatically.

Looks like a mixed market to me instead of one that is sizzling.

Last edited:

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Average prices are up roughly 25%, but number of units sold is down 20%. On such a small sample size of less than 1000 units sold, the average price can fluctuate greatly if only a small number of really big dollar houses sells. the big gainer in average transaction price was raw land--a couple of sales of giant ranches could skew the average price dramatically.

Your ability to try to find a negative side for every real estate topic is a real core competency.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com

Best bring your wool.

Brrrrrrrbaaaabrrrrrrr. :nono1:

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com

Numbers, numbers, numbers, how they confuse:sosad:

If it wasn't for the total veracity of print authors, In God What Would We Trust?

After flunking out of Baaaaaaaaarvard, I took back to the nose to the grass method of determining market trends. Grazing along, I ask many sheeps, "How do you feel today" "Baaaaaad or "Fair to Middling" or "why did I buy this pasture :bang:".

Says more to me than numbers. :dunno:

FLSunChaser

Beach Lover
Apr 26, 2006
Numbers, numbers, numbers, how they confuse:sosad:

If it wasn't for the total veracity of print authors, In God What Would We Trust?

After flunking out of Baaaaaaaaarvard, I took back to the nose to the grass method of determining market trends. Grazing along, I ask many sheeps, "How do you feel today" "Baaaaaad or "Fair to Middling" or "why did I buy this pasture :bang:".

Says more to me than numbers. :dunno:

Dude, you are a trip! I look forward to more posts from you. Keep grazing!

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
Ditto. Quirky dudes are always welcome here!
How very nice of you young men and, if I missed, young women! You see, Missus and I, we are old and homeless. Our two lambs, grown into rams, we offered them our home, and they took us up! :eek: We have been out to pasture for near eight months now (the oldest Ram, Pierre', claims more like eight years :shock:). After a horrible stint in SW FL, we were on our way back to LA, er, Atlanta come to find there was no room in OUR inn. So much for keeping title. :sosad:.
Thank you again for sharing your weed(s)!;-)