• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Kim Estes

Kim Estes is a dear friend and 9 year employee of Bud & Alley's. Kim started out as a bartender and has been our Special Event's and wedding coordinator for the past 2 years. 4 days ago she was admitted to Sacred Heart in Sandestin complaining of numbness in her feet and arms.

I just spoke with Kim's mother, Kim has been transferred to Pensacola Sacred Heart Hospital because her condition has worsened. Tragically she has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barr? Syndrome.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/gbs.htm

The Syndrome has progressed to the point that she is completely paralyzed from the neck down. She is on a breathing ventilator and feeding tube. She is alert enough to know what is going on but she is having a hard time speaking as well. Most people with this condition almost fully recover but it could take up to a year or longer. Kim's mom has asked that flowers not be sent at this time.

I am going to start an account at Wachovia bank in Seaside on Monday for financial donations to help her mother with expenses and helping with Kim's care. Fortunately, Kim's health insurance should cover most of this. In the near future, I will be organizing a fund raiser for Kim at Bud & Alley's. In the short term I will start a posting on this forum to keep everyone updated on her condition and the fund raiser.

(Kirt, please forward this posting to the appropriated place in your forum)

Please keep Kim in your prayers to keep her strong and bring her through these difficult first weeks and ultimately fully heal her. Thank you.

Dave

--
Dave Rauschkolb
Owner/Operator
S.W.D.R Grill Inc. DBA
Bud & Alley's Restaurant
TACO BAR
PIZZA BAR

Bud and Alley's Waterfront Restaurant and Rooftop Bar, Seaside, Florida, South Walton County, Reservations, Cuisine, Relaxed Atmosphere, 30A

Mail:
P.O. BOX 611602
Rosemary Beach
Florida 32461

Call:
Direct Cellular 850-865-1061

Last edited:

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for putting this up, Dave. Ed had just forwarded me your email.

Kim is so strong and determined I have no doubt that she is going to turn around. When we saw her on Thursday she was really angry about the whole thing. I know she will use that energy to fight back. All of our energy and prayer is going out to her right now.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
GB is crazy stuff. Kim is awesome and she is in our thoughts and prayers. I have known 2 people affected like Kim, and both made a full, but drawn out, recovery. Support is needed for her and her family!

Thanks Dave for letting us know.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Wow. I've heard of GB disease but never knew the details. I wish Kim the best with her recovery and, given what people have said about her on this board, I believe she will be one of those who makes a full recovery. Sending healing thoughts and prayers Kim's way.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Spoke to one of the managers at Bud's tonight who had heard that Kim squeezed the doctor's hand today. This could be very good news. Hope to get more concrete information in the morning on her condition.

Deli Love

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2008
MidWal???
All I can offer are prayers for Kim and family. Dave, please keep us posted on her progress. I know it will be a hard time for the family but the love and support from this bunch means a lot.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
thanks for sharing this with the community Dave. I do not know Kim personally, but I do know we'll all be pulling for her in the weeks to come, hoping for a full and speedy recovery, and I know this community will be there to provide financial and other support as needed. :love:

Love and strength to Kim and family.

Last edited: