• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Can I help?

Dave, Balder and I will play at the fundraiser if you need us. We love Kim and want to do anything we can to help. Let us know.
Avalon Photography is happy to donate a portrait session or two. Can we put a silent auction together? I know plenty of businesses that would "pony up" for Kim. I have plenty of time (unfortunately) now that season is pretty much over, and I am not shy to call on the locals for a donation of product/service.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
The latest that I got from Dave is that Kim's condition remains about the same. She is being moved so that the ventilator can be removed and a trach put in. Hopefully this will give her some relief and allow her to focus her energy on recovering.
The fundraiser is being planned for the 3rd Sunday in September.
I'm willing to do odd jobs between now and then for anyone so I can raise money to spend at the dunking booth!!!!
I believe ChefEd said he is being auctioned off. He'll dance for bucks and bucks and bucks alone.
Keep Kim in your prayers and make plans now to come out and help raise funds which she and her family will need to beat this thing.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Kim Estes Update August 20

Kim has been moved to a very specialized facility in Pensacola to begin her recovery. She underwent a Tracheotomy yesterday morning and has been sedated pretty heavily since Sunday due to the extreme discomfort due to the breathing and feeding tube down her throat. She has some strength and movement in her shoulders and left arm and she can move her neck. She has been unable to speak for the past three weeks because of the breathing tube; it is our hope she can begin to speak post Trache.

I am going to visit her tomorrow and will send well wishes. She will be there for 3 weeks or more and then, when she is strong enough, she will be moved to a rehab facility to get her limbs working again. Her mom and James are looking into a place in FWB.

Hopefully she will be comfortable enough after the Trache so she won't have to be sedated with Morphine and other narcotics.

I know Kim will hit this head on once she can begin to assert her WILL over this Syndrome. Anyone who knows Kim knows Kim's WILL is very strong and I am certain she will conquer this very forcefully and with grace as only Kim can.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks for keeping us updated, Dave. I cannot wait for Kim to be back with us. You are so right about her strong will. Just wait until she can speak again... I'm sure she is going to voice her displeasure in ways we can't even imagine yet. I look forward to hearing her do just that.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I have no updates but I do have this:
Kim Estes is a dear friend and a 9 year employee of Bud & Alley's (currently Special Event’s and Wedding Coordinator). Recently, Kim was diagnosed with Guillain-Barr? Syndrome Guillain-Barr? Syndrome Information Page: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS). It is a rare disorder in which the body’s immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system. Kim is currently paralyzed and at a specialty hospital in Pensacola. While many patients make a full recovery, it can be a very slow and difficult process possibly lasting up to a year or longer. Hopes are high and prayers are strong. With that said, Bud & Alley’s is hosting a benefit to help relieve the financial burdens involved with Kim’s medical needs. We ask that you please join us for a . . .
Party with a Purpose
at Bud & Alley’s on Sunday, September 20th
3 – 8 pm

$10 cover at the door (all proceeds going to the Kim Estes Assistance Fund)
** Free Food, Silent Auction and Live Bands including Cadillac Willie & Dread Clampitt **

Also, an account has been established in Kim’s name at the Wachovia Bank in Seaside for financial donations. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Donations can also be sent to:
Kim Estes Assistance Fund
P.O. Box 4898
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Thank you for your help and for the continued prayers and support for Kim and her family.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
We keep missing each other by phone... Please include a portrait session with a set of 4x6 preview prints in the silent auction. I will send a gift certificate and display piece. Best wishes to Kim and family.