• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
for some reason my direct TV satellite will not pick up HGTV...:eek: But I can get the food network...so I have been watching food shows all week. I have printed at least 40 recipes....:roll:
Last night I cooked Spicy Asian BBQ chicken with Asian style slaw and took it over to Newfiegirl's house...it was really good!

Tonight I am making Grilled Tilapia with mango habanero BBQ sauce and cumin-lime green beans.....I love being off for the summer...I get to cook all the funn foods that I print out all year!
I can't wait to be in SoWal for the summer....dinner parties!!!!!:clap:

Last edited:

NoHall

hmmmm......can't remember
May 28, 2007
Northern Hall County, GA
Y'all need to check the thread "Is tv destroying us?" :blink:

Last edited:

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
If food network is destroying us...then I can't think of a more delicious way to go!:D
No Dune-ahhh not too many ingredients. When I went shopping yesterday...the check out guy swore I was a vegetarian...I bought so many veggies!:love:
I'll cook for you when I am down there in July!!! (pork chops on the grill.....;-) )

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Tonight I am making Grilled Tilapia with mango habanero BBQ sauce and cumin-lime green beans.....I love being off for the summer...I get to cook all the funn foods that I print out all year!

Mango, yummy. :love:
I made Tilapia last night, but I cooked it with Chef Prudhommes Blackening magic, tossed it in angel hair with diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, mild peppers and a little olive oil. I hate Tilapia. :lie:
Enjoy!

Allifunn

Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
Mango, yummy. :love:
I made Tilapia last night, but I cooked it with Chef Prudhommes Blackening magic, tossed it in angel hair with diced tomatoes, garlic, onions, mild peppers and a little olive oil. I hate Tilapia. :lie:
Enjoy!
yum!
My tilapia had some definite heat due to the habaneros...but it was delightful!

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
If food network is destroying us...then I can't think of a more delicious way to go!:D
No Dune-ahhh not too many ingredients. When I went shopping yesterday...the check out guy swore I was a vegetarian...I bought so many veggies!:love:
I'll cook for you when I am down there in July!!! (pork chops on the grill.....;-) )

You're ON gullfriend...I'll be holdin' ya to it:clap: !!
If TV kills me....I'll go w/ a smile on my face lickin' my chops !!!

Shoot!! RE: the thread is TV killing us....I grew up in the day when we only had 3 channels & it all came down to Lawrence Welk & Gunsmoke on Saturday nights and Bonanza on Sunday nights!! As kids, we thought Sunday nights were total "MAYHEM" :yikes: cuz we got to watch Bonanza on TV while EATING on TV TRAYS while we sipped our ONCE weekly allotted (soda) pop (Pepsi) ...guess on Sunday nights my Dad got to be a kid too...he's the only man I've ever known that thinks POPCORN is an damned entree!!! That's what we had for SUPPER on Sunday nights (does anyone else remember the country difference b'tween supper & dinner PLUS the winter / summer nuances???!!!

for some reason my direct TV satellite will not pick up HGTV...:eek: But I can get the food network...so I have been watching food shows all week. I have printed at least 40 recipes....:roll:
Last night I cooked Spicy Asian BBQ chicken with Asian style slaw and took it over to Newfiegirl's house...it was really good!

Whose recipes are they? They really sound excellent. Ina and Giada are my favorites on FN, BTW.

I've got to start watching Food Network to get my summer cookin' on now that I don't have to work until September. YEE-HAW! Got a Cuisinart Griddler for Mother's Day -- gotta take it out for a spin. Maybe last summer's chipotle chicken? Also, now I have time to pull out the big grill pan and do some grilled veggies and chicken. And then there's the stovetop smoker that we bought after attending a cooking class -- yum, the wood-smoking produces some intensely-flavored meats.

Tomorrow night I'm doing Beach Jacket's basil/tomato/pasta recipe with shrimp that we brought back from the beach on Sunday. Excellent!