• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I want to bump this - I wish I had the room to foster some kittens, but I want to let everyone know how big a problem this is - since this message was posted asking for help, the Walton County Animal control has picked up 10 more litters of stray and abandoned kittens. 10 LITTERS in 5 days - that's somewhere between 30 and 50 kittens since 5/15.

You can see these pitiful orphans at:

http://www.co.walton.fl.us/animalcontrol/Default.aspx?category=Cat

AAR was already swamped before, and it is indeed kitten season, so there will be more.

If you have the room to foster, or think it might be time for a new kitten, please call the good folks at AAR.

This is really, really sad. I know people drop off kittens and cats from time to time at my house, since we live out in the rural part of the county, and it is so hard to take care of them and have them all fixed to prevent an explosion. The county could save so much money putting together a spay/neuter program, instead of just talking about it.

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
My heart just breaks for the little guys.

I know that the school year is almost over - so I would love to suggest that there is nothing like teaching kids responsibility, love, and so much more than by involving them in rearing a litter of kittens.

How do you think I turned out so great? :D

savvytangerine

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
30-A since before I could walk
As I understand it - AAR is overflowing with animals right now. Also, if you are wanting a pet, but can't afford the adoption fee Laurie has several free listings too. Contact her directly to learn more:

Laurie Hood, President / Founder
Alaqua Animal Refuge

P.O. Box 48
Freeport, Florida 32439
www.alaquaanimalrefuge.com