• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I'm pretty sure that's the vehicle that cut to our left as we waited our turn to make the left this morning. My dad, who is visiting from out of town, was driving. I warned him about the intersection so he may have taken a few extra moments to make the left. I'm thankful my dad saw the vehicle as he started to make the left- my two children were in the car.
This vehicle continued weaving in and out of traffic for some time- must have been in a huge hurry.....
I'm almost certain this is a vehicle from a few houses down the street. I'm pretty sure it followed us out of our neighborhood :). Traffic was slow on 30a due to cyclist and joggers crossing so I guess the driver was tired of being held up :/

Yes, that is the one. I was the one across from you turning right. When he went "underneath" you to make that turn I just knew we all were getting ready to have a bad start to our day. I am glad your dad saw him too and we were all safe.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Not to brag but that happens to me all the time. Sometimes I just watch 'em pass on through and sometimes I lean on the horn. :evil:

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Not to brag but that happens to me all the time. Sometimes I just watch 'em pass on through and sometimes I lean on the horn. :evil:

Maybe we can start a thread of drivers behaving badly and shame people into doing the right thing?

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Maybe we can start a thread of drivers behaving badly and shame people into doing the right thing?

Good luck with that! It may be a good idea but from what I see from drivers on 30A and 98 it is impossible to shame them. I don't understand why vacationers are in such a hurry to get somewhere where they are going to spend "leisure" time.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Good luck with that! It may be a good idea but from what I see from drivers on 30A and 98 it is impossible to shame them. I don't understand why vacationers are in such a hurry to get somewhere where they are going to spend "leisure" time.

Visitors must be used to driving in traffic hell in their hometowns. They need to slow down and enjoy. But sometimes they do slow down to a crawl so they can see the scenery. That's just as bad. Especially when I'm stuck behind them.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Visitors must be used to driving in traffic hell in their hometowns. They need to slow down and enjoy. But sometimes they do slow down to a crawl so they can see the scenery. That's just as bad. Especially when I'm stuck behind them.

Couldn't agree with you more on both counts.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
What makes you assume it was vacationers?

Florida tag, 30A sticker, I feel pretty good it wasn't. Sounded like it was a neighbor of someone they cut off...

To make it easy, let's just embarrass all the ones who have 30A or Sowal stickers.