• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
Just happened... a van and an SUV collided. SUV rolled... it may take a while to clean up. Hope everyone is okay...

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Looks like a turtle on a half shell....hope all are ok..

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
The driver of the SUV is a wonderful local and is in the hospital in Pensacola with a broken neck. Just heard that they don't think surgery will be needed. He will be in a neck brace for a while. Let's all hope and pray for a full recovery.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
I'm so glad that he's gonna be okay! It was pretty scary to watch... I had pulled into the turn lane and was right at the curve into 395 when it happened and, the way the top of the SUV crunched down, I was so afraid it was going to be much worse than that.

Sending lots of happy, healing thoughts for a speedy, uncomplicated recovery! Thanks for the update!

FL Dawg

Beach Fanatic
Sep 12, 2006
Happy to report that I am home and recovering less than 24 hours after being life flighted to Sacred Heart Pensacola. Yes my neck is broken (C2 vertebrae in 2 places) but miraculously I am not paralyzed or dead (according to the Drs.). Apparently the injury is very simliar to that which Christopher Reeve sustained. God was watching over me!! I would especially like to think all the witnesses who assisted me immediately after the accident, especially the off duty EMT who held my neck steady until the EMT's arrived. Without your aid I could very easily be paralyzed (or worse). Again thank you for everyone's prayers and concerns. God Bless You All!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Wow! Thanks for letting us know. If u need anything let us know. I was on phone with police and fire dispatch within 10 seconds of impact and saw many stop to help. Including my friend Ron who is highly trained. I was glad to see you walk away and glad someone got you stationary.

Rest well friend.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
FL Dawg! I am so thankful you are okay! Please take care.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
That's one of Terry's vans. Was Terry in the wreck too. How is he doing?