• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
why am i not surprised to hear about that kind of bias in this area????
disgusting. what a horrible message to send to all kids, let along the gay, lesbian and transgender kids who already probably feel unsafe in that school.

oh..and gay people are not "illegal" and it's unfair to make that comparison even for effect. it's really out of order to assume that anyone based on their race, gender, sexual orientation or national origin is illegal. only people who break our laws are illegal.

Oh imagine that you took that out of context. :roll: The school board was calling it an "illegal organization" so I was playing off of that. I'm sure you'll now hi-jack this thread and go nuts with news paper articles.

raven

Banned
May 14, 2007
Oh imagine that you took that out of context. :roll: The school board was calling it an "illegal organization" so I was playing off of that. I'm sure you'll now hi-jack this thread and go nuts with news paper articles.

i know what you meant. and contributing to a thread isn't hi-jacking it.
speaking of which censorship...is illegal. sorry for contribution information, we know how scary it is for you. sorry if i made you read.

raven

Banned
May 14, 2007
easy now. nobody's goin to scare you with any facts or information. we'll take your advice and save that for the intellectually curious. now for something alittle more your speed:
angelwithrainbow72dpi.jpg

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Crap, here we go again!

Kudos to the ACLU!

We just finished the conference. There were reporters from New York to Tampa on the line. I would not be surprised that this story goes national by tomorrow or Saturday. Some of the reporters that "ain't from around here;-)"really latched onto the fact that Ponce has no black students as well.

This young lady was brave and stood up for her friend. Kudos for her. Check the original post at the bottom and you can find the links to all of the letters and the lawsuit that goes into detail over what happened. Around 5 or 6 kids were suspended for a week for peacefully supporting a gay friend that was receiving no relief at the hands of administration from being harassed by other students for her sexual orientation.

We will be hearing more about this one.............

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
We just finished the conference. There were reporters from New York to Tampa on the line. I would not be surprised that this story goes national by tomorrow or Saturday. Some of the reporters that "ain't from around here;-)"really latched onto the fact that Ponce has no black students as well.

That is like CNN called the Elections Office at the last election saying they were sending a satellite truck to Gaskin to interview people. They said it was a Florida precinct with no minority registered voters so they knew something was going on up there. Pretty funny, I think 12 people voted that day.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
That is like CNN called the Elections Office at the last election saying they were sending a satellite truck to Gaskin to interview people. They said it was a Florida precinct with no minority registered voters so they knew something was going on up there. Pretty funny, I think 12 people voted that day.

Some of the questions they ask this kid even had me rolling my eyeballs. I just sat back and let Ben,their lawyer out of the Pensacola office, guide them back on track. They were digging hard though and it's gonna break in the next couple of days.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Some of the questions they ask this kid even had me rolling my eyeballs. I just sat back and let Ben,their lawyer out of the Pensacola office, guide them back on track. They were digging hard though and it's gonna break in the next couple of days.

I wonder if I can get Hannity or O'Reilly to do a fundraiser while they are in the area. lol!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks A- I'm looking forward to reading this a bit closer later! I'm sure I will need a drink to stomach it.:bang: