• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seasdie Valentine?s Day Concert | Act of Congress

Valentine?s Day Concert featuring Act of Congress | 5-7pm
Join The Merchants of Seaside and 30A Radio as we host a concert aimed at giving everyone a chance to spend time with the ones you love. Birmingham-based Act of Congress brings the best elements of rock, folk and bluegrass to produce an acoustic palette that's turning heads both locally and nationally, the music of Act of Congress is, in a word, contagious. If you enjoy the bluegrass & progressive acoustic sounds of Nickel Creek, you won?t want to miss this performance! And check out a special in-store acoustic performance by the band at Central Square Records.

Saturday, February 14, 2009 5-7PM
Seaside Amphitheater

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
This afternoon on 30A Radio at 4 on my "Box of Chocolates" show, I will be playing a phone interview that I did with Act of Congress ( Act of Congress on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads ) band members and playing several songs from their album, Declaration. I think you will be quite impressed with the songwriting and performance abilities of this band. I know I am, and I'm not impressed with many musical acts that I listen to these days.

I'll also be playing early Beatles songs from '64 and '65 in my first hour (3-4). You can find 30A Radio at 107.1 on your FM radio, or on your computer at: 30Aradio.org ( Welcome to the NEW 30A Radio Site! ). Just click on the "Listen to 30A Live!" link. After that from 5-6, you never know what you're gonna get.

BTW, the AOC performance that Tootsie mentioned at Sundog is around lunchtime. We'll post more accurate times when we get closer to the 14th (or maybe just on the 14th). The band just told me they would show up "early" on Saturday, but you know what early means to musicians!

Danny Burns,
Operations Mgr, and DJ
WTHA 30A Radio