• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
I have been coming down there April and October for quite some time. I am wondering what it is like there the week after Christmas up to New Year's. Weather? Is it quiet or busy? Thanks for your input.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I haven't been in SoWal during that time in several years, but plan to be in SoWal between Christmas and NY this year. The weather was always nice when we were there in the past - at least the kids liked to wear their bathing suits, though I wasn't tempted to wear mine because it wasn't quite warm enough for me. Good hot tub weather though. We spent a lot of time very comfortably on the porch with nothing more than a sweater, if that. I would think that it could be quite warm or cool and it would be hard to predict. I remember fireworks on the beach on NY Eve and that was nice. As for crowds, there were more people there than at other off-season times, but I don't remember it being crowded. I can't wait to get back there between Christmas and NY. I thought NY was particularly special on the beach.

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
One of our favorite times to be in Seagrove....and we've spent Christmas/NY's there for the last 10 years. Around 27th-29th people start rolling in....it's relaxing, festive, happy place!! The weather has been cooperative most every year. Some years swimming in heated pool...some we had on flip flops and shorts! Then we've had a few with heavy jackets and real shoes. Like anyplace else....it can vary a lot. Special tradition of walking the beach to Eastern Lake every New Year's Day is hard to beat.

We go to the beach every year after Christmas (except last year -- hubby had just had back surgery). Lots of families there, really nice atmosphere. We love it. Walking on the beach in a sweatshirt, relaxing in the spa, fireworks on the beach on New Years' Eve (yes, we clean up our mess), nomming on the food at the great restaurants in SoWal, etc.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We must be bad luck. The past two years we have been down there it has been sunny but cold. NYE I wore my long black wool coat and ear muffs. We are going to keep coming back til we get it right:) I was told the week before was 80's of course. Ellen

njackie

Beach Lover
Nov 18, 2004
We arrive at the beach every Christmas night, after all the family festivities in MO and we cherish that time, walking on the beach, shopping, eating, and New Years on the beach with our friends. It is all good.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We must be bad luck. The past two years we have been down there it has been sunny but cold. NYE I wore my long black wool coat and ear muffs. We are going to keep coming back til we get it right:) I was told the week before was 80's of course. Ellen

The nerve of mother nature doing that in late December. :angry:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I heard that last winter was a cold winter in general. It was cold in southern Florida, too, because we went to Sanibel in February and it was chilly. But our guests who rented from us last winter are coming back again this year, so they had a very good time anyway!

I heard that last winter was a cold winter in general. It was cold in southern Florida, too, because we went to Sanibel in February and it was chilly. But our guests who rented from us last winter are coming back again this year, so they had a very good time anyway!
It was very cold at the beach last winter. We had planned to spend much of January there while hubby was recuperating from back surgery, but we couldn't see driving down to be in miserable weather. Normally I can't get enough of the beach in January.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

It was so cold me and Tootsie were reminiscing about the dog days of summer.

It was so cold the housing market froze.

It was so cold the snowbirds were complaining, more.

It was so cold we had to wear shoes.

It was so cold....

Oh you get the idea, it was effing cold.