• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

grace

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2007
here & now
I have a rental listed on Airbnb and VRBO. Taxes are collected thru them on my behalf. Walton county is not contracted with either to receive taxes on my behalf.
Anyone have any experience with this that can give me some direction?
Thanks in advance

30A Rental Properties

Beach Comber
May 13, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
Hi Grace,

VRBO is a little easier than Air Bnb, VRBO actually should be collecting all 12% which is comprised of 7% to the FL DOR and with the recent increase in Walton County Taxes from 4% to 5% starting in 2020 you are responsible for paying the Walton County taxes of 5% which VRBO should be including in your deposits from them so you need to contact Walton County Tourist Development Department and get the required license and start paying those taxes now Air Bnb is difficult honestly because they only pay the State so after the guest books you are responsible for contacting the guests and arranging the additional taxes and collecting them that or just increase you nightly tax to include taxes but you are required to be paying Walton County.

You are welcome to reach out to me anytime I would be happy to explain it further but you should start by contacting Walton County and getting that tax account set up so you can start paying the 5% to them.

All the best,

Hayden

30A Rental Properties
Hayden Markowitz
Direct Line: 850-238-2151
www.30abeachgetaways.com