• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Mar 25, 2008
That's not a bad route to and from Atl by way of Phenix and Columbus. Columbus is never dull at 2:30 in the morning on the way to ATL.

I grew up in Columbus. I know where the good BBQ is. Other than a fine symphony and good BBQ, Columbus offers little else. :lol:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I'm betting the marketing people at JOE (if they haven't layed them all off by now) are clueless when it comes to selling this area as a destination resort to the French or Germans in large enough numbers to make it count. I can tell you for a fact, that any large number of Brits coming to Florida will make a beeline for Disney.

You'd lose that bet as they still have the marketing department. I happen to know first hand that said marketing department has actually traveled quite extensively in Europe.

If you could work in a Mickey Mouse shuttle from the airport you'd probably get quite a few of them here. Disney doesn't offer much as far as "nature".

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
If the Europeans want 'nature' that's what cheap package tours to Spain, Portugual, and the Canary Islands are for- nice climate, cool little villages to explore, and significantly less travel time and no passport/visa hassles since they're staying in the EU.

When they come to Florida, they're looking for either theme parks or a Latin American experience (ie. Miami)

I'm betting the marketing people at JOE (if they haven't layed them all off by now) are clueless when it comes to selling this area as a destination resort to the French or Germans in large enough numbers to make it count. I can tell you for a fact, that any large number of Brits coming to Florida will make a beeline for Disney.

You'd certainly be amazed at the proprietary market data base that JOE has developed. AT some point that data bank is going to unite with the perfect marketer and JOE is going to break out.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
You'd certainly be amazed at the proprietary market data base that JOE has developed. AT some point that data bank is going to unite with the perfect marketer and JOE is going to break out.

I think you are on to something here. Our German friends are still wild about SoWal even though they now have to travel back and forth every three months. Met a number of Brits on the beach this summer. They were repeat visitors. I'm curious when the Chinese and Japanese markets will be tapped. They like authentic experiences.