AJ's now open in Grayton Beach

Discussion in 'Dining and Food' started by Teresa, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Teresa

Teresa SoWal Guide Staff Member

We haven't been in for dinner yet but we've heard from friends who have enjoyed the bar, music and being back in the old Pandora's spot. Extensive renovations to the building have taken place this winter. Looking forward to seeing the changes and checking out the menu.

OPEN daily for lunch and dinner. I don't have a menu to share yet but expect seafood from entrees to baskets, oyster bar, burgers and variety of eats.

Lunch 11am-4pm
    Dinner 4pm-9:30pm
    Late night 9:30-till

LIVE music every night where the party is sure to be this Spring and Summer.

We're hearing from locals who are enjoying the new spot in town.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. tide12

tide12 Beach Lover

The old one in Destin has just average food, IMO, but I'll at least give this one a try.

3. Teresa

Sushi Bar at AJ's Grayton Beach

[​IMG]

4. Teresa

Prime Rib Thursdays lives on at AJ's Grayton Beach

AJ's Prime Rib special! A 10oz. juicy cut served with a house salad, a cup of French Onion cup, and baked potato for $18.95

[​IMG]

5. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Oyster Bar ?

6. Jimmy T

Jimmy T Beach Fanatic

Yes, they are supposed to have an oyster bar. Haven't been there to try it out yet, though.

7. HD Lady

HD Lady Beach Fanatic

I am happy that they will have the Prime Rib Special!! I have been missing Pandora's Prime Rib.

8. Dreamer

Dreamer Beach Lover

Sure hope they have Louisiana oysters like the one in Destin!

9. Teresa

y'all are going to like the sushi bar by Sushi Steve:

[​IMG]

We had a very good lunch today - how strange to eat at lunch time in the old Pandora's spot where only dinner was served for so long. The building renovations are very different but still a little bit of Pandora's left, lots of authentic wood and the addition of much nautical decor and interesting old things on the walls. Two large bar/dining areas, and a third bar/music area still under construction near the back. The dinner menu is different from the lunch menu (haven't had dinner yet).

The lunch menu has burgers, salads, apps, sushi, oysters, fish, Grayton Lunch Plates (seafood baskets) and much more. The french fries are GREAT and that's always my first test of any restaurant. Today, Kurt had sushi and enjoyed it. Molly was wild over her caesar salad with blacked mahi mahi. Lisa said her chicken sandwich was awesome. My fried oyster basket was fine but probably not what I'll order next time - the fries and slaw were good but I wasn't thrilled with the tiny hard fried oysters (oyster lovers are very mixed on how they like 'em fried). The key lime pie was yummmmm. Next time I'm going for the chocolate lava cake and raw oysters.

You'll find steaks and seafood on the dinner menu. The prices are not at all bad in this new Grayton joint! Looking forward to checking out the bar for cocktails with the girls soon.

10. Dreamer

Dreamer Beach Lover

What about the noise ordinance in Grayton? How can they be open from 9:30 til?

11. Jerry Lewis

Jerry Lewis Beach Fanatic

Keep it quiet enough. Free drinks for neighbors and men holding decibel meters. :drink:

12. Jimmy T

Jimmy T Beach Fanatic

They really need to work on their website so we can check out the menu, hours, and music. Right now, it still links to the old Pandora's.

13. Teresa

Will try to get menus to share. Meanwhile AJ's Grayton Beach on Facebook has a lot of good information, photos, happenings etc.

14. steel1man

steel1man Beach Fanatic

Some bad reports on YELP....saying fried shrimp way over priced for neighborhood. Shrimp basket at Huricane only way to fly...

15. Jenksy

Jenksy Beach Fanatic

There is one review on yelp - is that from you?
    AJ’s Grayton Beach - Santa Rosa Beach, FL

There are few places in SoWal that aren't expensive - Hurricanes is a cool little place and may be cheaper I don't know I have learned not to look at prices around here. And at Hurricanes I have found the food quality to be inconsistent so I don't go there.

Maybe we should do a per price shrimp comparison among local restaurants and grade the quality. Jeez though that would take as much time as catching them and frying them. I'll just order another beer.

16. Teresa

Great sushi. And just had a wonderful burger with fries. We've enjoyed lunch and dinner over the last week. You'll find what you like here. It's a very casual experience here from decor to menu, and with a range of pricing from reasonable lunch baskets to more expensive steaks and sushi. Lunch and sushi specials daily, and happy hour is 11am til 6pm.

It's a fun place for a group for dinner or cocktails. And nice to have a more casual spot to meet friends and hang out. We met Sushi Steve last night and he's an aeronautical engineer from Chicago who knows his fish.

170323-ajs-grayton-002-sowal-2000.jpg

170323-ajs-grayton-006-sowal-2000.jpg