• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

avalon

Beach Fanatic
Apr 21, 2008
Seagrove
Emerald Coast magazine has a nice (but brief) feature on Laurie Hood and her great work in establishing a "no kill" shelter for the homeless animals of Walton County. I fostered the beautiful puppies in the photo! They were from a litter of eight, born at Christmas to a sweet brown doggie that I found abandoned at the Shell station in Freeport. She is now " Miss Shelley Brown" and lives with my Mom. Laurie found good homes for ALL of the pups! I was so pleased to see them in the magazine, I knew they were model material! Laurie needs our support, tell your friends. See her animals online at www.petfinder.com:clap:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I'll go ahead and post from the above link...

You're Cordially Invited

Please Join Us
for Our OPEN HOUSE
On May 22, 2008
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm

ALAQUA Animal Refuge
914 Whitfield Road
Freeport, FL 32439

hmmm... this may be a funn thing to do after school, on our LAST day of school for the year...:clap: don't know though - the beach may be calling our names. but AAR is on my list of places to visit often this summer with the little one and his friends.

ItzKatzTime

Beach Fanatic
Apr 27, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:clap::wave:Thanks Amy for bringing this up...as I've been out there and they do a wonderful job. I was so impressed I did not want to leave. Everyone should take some time out to ride over sometime when you can and show your support and maybe even adopt a wonderful pet for life!

And thanks sbartoldus for that link about the open house!

:wave:Kat