• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Audrey J

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2012
www.Sowal.com
The Alaqua Animal Refuge Pet of the Week is BABY BEAN! :clap:

Baby Bean.jpg

My name is Baby Bean and I am "Alaqua's Pet of the Week".
I'm a 6-year-old female Jack Russell Terrier Mix and the best dog you could ever seek

Cast away and unwanted, I found myself alone and in a scary place.
Alaqua quickly worked to get me to safety after just one look at my adorable face.

I think you can tell I'm not shaped like a string bean, but my name comes from another,
The bean that is my namesake was definitely the bean named after butter!

They've had me on a special diet since I've been here and I don't want to be an alarmist,
But with my diet and activity, I think I have tightened up at least two notches on my harness!

At Alaqua, I have learned to eat well, follow the rules, and trust and obey,
They have brought joy to my heart and they even taught me how to play.

I quickly made friends with everyone, whether they had four legs or two!
They showed me how to chase and fetch and exactly where to pooh.

I found a new love and adoration for children and I just never want them to leave.
My personality is one that is friendly and sweet and I'm always eager to please.

My coat is easy to care for, simply wash, shake and dry.
There are no fancy shampoos or tangles that make me cry.

So, drive out to meet me, I promise I will wag my tail and make you smile.
I will do my best to entertain you and hope you will stay with me and play for a while.

Don't be surprised if I quickly capture your heart.
We will know we were meant to be together right from the start!

For more information about Baby Bean or other adoptable animals please visit, www.alaquaanimalrefuge.org/FindAPet, stop by for a visit, or give them a call at 850-880-6399.

Alaqua Animal Refuge is a no-kill animal refuge located in Northwest Florida. The refuge has placed over 10,000 animals of all kinds since it's inception in 2007, and has grown to become a recognized leader in animal welfare and animal cruelty prevention.

Learn more about Alaqua Animal Refuge in SoWal Groups