• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
CHRISTIANS DON'T OWN THE MORAL HIGH GROUND! JUST STOP IT!!

This morning I saw a post from someone I love dearly that she had shared. I started to ignore it because I am not trying to alienate someone I care so very much for but the more I thought about it, the more convinced I became that saying nothing was perpetuating the myth that Christians own the moral high ground.

The post started out "politically" by saying "Not 1 pink hat lady parts group, not 1 # MeToo group, Not 1 George Soros group, no All lives matter group, No Colin Krapernick group, No PETA group there to help bury the dead cows and horses we seen, not there with loads of Pet food, Not 1 loud mouth Liberal Group helping out".

At that point, I started to stop reading but then it got worse when the person posting said..."what we did see was every Christian base group of many denominations, there already working or on there way there in church vans to help anyway they can..... where were the Athiest groups who are so quick to slam Christians".

Then it hit me. So now I'm going to tell you what I've seen!

I have seen CONVOYS of linemen from all over this country heading into the disaster zone to restore power to those who lost everything and NO ONE stopped to ask them what their religious affiliation was/is. I was just grateful they came!

I've seen First Responders, EMT's, police, Sheriff's officers and search and rescue teams from all over this country heading into the disaster zone to help those who were hurt, to establish some sort of lawful order, to pass out water and food and save their neighbors. Funny thing is, NO ONE stopped them to ask what their religious affiliation was/is. I was just grateful they came!

I have seen my neighbors, friends and acquaintances open their doors to complete strangers to give them shelter, a shower, a dry bed, and a hot meal. I've seen them cook pot after pot of chicken and rice, donate cupcakes, drinks and bread which they personally served to those who desperately needed a hot meal and they didn't ask the people they opened their doors to or those they served a hot meal too what their religious affiliation was/is, they just did it and I am grateful for their efforts!

I have seen CONVOYS of retail grocery chain stores heading into the disaster zone to deliver food and NO ONE asked what their religious affiliation was/is, they just did it! I am grateful!

I've seen linemen, police officers, search and rescue men and women laying on the ground, trying to catch 40 winks after exhausting days and nights of no sleep, helping our neighbors to the east who have nothing and they have done it with NO misgivings because of what someone's party affiliation might be or what their religious status is or was.

So the next time you want to minimalize the efforts of people who have had or still have boots on the ground, ya just might want to think about how insincere your religious convictions are when you have to denigrate the extremely hard work of others to make yourself and you religious affiliation look superior!

I'm positive there ARE people from all walks of life and all religious denominations and even agnostics/atheists with a few liberals thrown in for good measure, who have teamed together to help our neighbors rebuild their lives because #ALLLIVESDOMATTER & #WEAREPANHANDLESTRONG!!!

P.S. Someone gently reminded me I left out our MILITARY! Thank you!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
CHRISTIANS DON'T OWN THE MORAL HIGH GROUND! JUST STOP IT!!

This morning I saw a post from someone I love dearly that she had shared. I started to ignore it because I am not trying to alienate someone I care so very much for but the more I thought about it, the more convinced I became that saying nothing was perpetuating the myth that Christians own the moral high ground.

The post started out "politically" by saying "Not 1 pink hat lady parts group, not 1 # MeToo group, Not 1 George Soros group, no All lives matter group, No Colin Krapernick group, No PETA group there to help bury the dead cows and horses we seen, not there with loads of Pet food, Not 1 loud mouth Liberal Group helping out".

At that point, I started to stop reading but then it got worse when the person posting said..."what we did see was every Christian base group of many denominations, there already working or on there way there in church vans to help anyway they can..... where were the Athiest groups who are so quick to slam Christians".

Then it hit me. So now I'm going to tell you what I've seen!

I have seen CONVOYS of linemen from all over this country heading into the disaster zone to restore power to those who lost everything and NO ONE stopped to ask them what their religious affiliation was/is. I was just grateful they came!

I've seen First Responders, EMT's, police, Sheriff's officers and search and rescue teams from all over this country heading into the disaster zone to help those who were hurt, to establish some sort of lawful order, to pass out water and food and save their neighbors. Funny thing is, NO ONE stopped them to ask what their religious affiliation was/is. I was just grateful they came!

I have seen my neighbors, friends and acquaintances open their doors to complete strangers to give them shelter, a shower, a dry bed, and a hot meal. I've seen them cook pot after pot of chicken and rice, donate cupcakes, drinks and bread which they personally served to those who desperately needed a hot meal and they didn't ask the people they opened their doors to or those they served a hot meal too what their religious affiliation was/is, they just did it and I am grateful for their efforts!

I have seen CONVOYS of retail grocery chain stores heading into the disaster zone to deliver food and NO ONE asked what their religious affiliation was/is, they just did it! I am grateful!

I've seen linemen, police officers, search and rescue men and women laying on the ground, trying to catch 40 winks after exhausting days and nights of no sleep, helping our neighbors to the east who have nothing and they have done it with NO misgivings because of what someone's party affiliation might be or what their religious status is or was.

So the next time you want to minimalize the efforts of people who have had or still have boots on the ground, ya just might want to think about how insincere your religious convictions are when you have to denigrate the extremely hard work of others to make yourself and you religious affiliation look superior!

I'm positive there ARE people from all walks of life and all religious denominations and even agnostics/atheists with a few liberals thrown in for good measure, who have teamed together to help our neighbors rebuild their lives because #ALLLIVESDOMATTER & #WEAREPANHANDLESTRONG!!!

P.S. Someone gently reminded me I left out our MILITARY! Thank you!

I appreciate and respect all that everyone is doing to assist after this disaster. The surrounding communities have really stepped up more than I ever expected. This is not a political issue. This is not a religious issue. This is simply a perfect example of how Humans band together after tragedy. Please don't take one persons post and label all Christians to that same opinion.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Please don't take one persons post and label all Christians to that same opinion.

Actually, if you weren't into hyperbole for attention you'd realize most of the people I saw doing much of this work or who I know personally contributed, consider themselves Christians and they all knew the post was not directed at them personally. My comments were directed at the idiot who originally posted and made the acts of kindness and contributions this community had made and turned it into political post and its pi$$ed me right off.

Why do you always seek out a response from me and try to turn well intentioned posts into your personal flaming match?

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
Actually, if you weren't into hyperbole for attention you'd realize most of the people I saw doing much of this work or who I know personally contributed, consider themselves Christians and they all knew the post was not directed at them personally. My comments were directed at the idiot who originally posted and made the acts of kindness and contributions this community had made and turned it into political post and its pi$$ed me right off.

Why do you always seek out a response from me and try to turn well intentioned posts into your personal flaming match?

Believe it or not Linda not everybody uses internet forums to get attention like you do.

Trust me when I say I don’t “seek out” anything from you. You started an entire thread just to spread your hate of one Christian persons post and I all I did was KINDLY asked you to not label all Christians to that same opinion. If you can’t handle that sort of response then clearly you shouldn’t be posting things on PUBLIC FORUMS!

God Bless Linda

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Believe it or not Linda not everybody uses internet forums to get attention like you do.

Trust me when I say I don’t “seek out” anything from you. You started an entire thread just to spread your hate of one Christian persons post and I all I did was KINDLY asked you to not label all Christians to that same opinion. If you can’t handle that sort of response then clearly you shouldn’t be posting things on PUBLIC FORUMS!

God Bless Linda

First of all, you are doing doing just exactly what it is that I despise in most Christians....you are judging! Take you "christian hypocrisy" and stick it where the sun never shines!

By your own admission I said something about one persons actions so, you clearly got the intent of my msg but YOU decided to make it about all Christians! That's on you!!

It's NOT your call to determine what I do or don't post and if you find my posts so upsetting, you simply don't have to read them but you hang on every word.

You're correct about something else too, I am not Christian mostly because of people like yourself who go out of their way to be as nasty as humanly possible to anyone they don't agree with politically or otherwise!

Save your blessings for the hypocrites and bigots like yourself who appreciate them because I certainly have not asked for nor do I want them.

Bottom line is, I don't care if someone showed up in a pink tutu and combat boots, whether or not they are Christian or devil worshipers, if they were flaming liberals or democrats to help our neighbors to the east, I only care that they showed up and put their differences aside to do whatever it is they could to help alleviate someone else's suffering and they did it NO QUESTIONS asked. That's what being a human being is all about...having compassion for others. You don't have to be Christian to have compassion, you just have to have heart!!!

It must really gall you to know that several people liked the post and understood where I was coming from and what my intent was and NO ONE but YOU decided to turn it into a pi$$ing match! Bravo "Christian Soldier", you keep doing you and I'll keep doing me! :)

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
BTW - "All Lives matter" is offensive.

As surely as flying a confederate flag, or wearing black face.

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
First of all, you are doing doing just exactly what it is that I despise in most Christians....you are judging! Take you "christian hypocrisy" and stick it where the sun never shines!

By your own admission I said something about one persons actions so, you clearly got the intent of my msg but YOU decided to make it about all Christians! That's on you!!

It's NOT your call to determine what I do or don't post and if you find my posts so upsetting, you simply don't have to read them but you hang on every word.

You're correct about something else too, I am not Christian mostly because of people like yourself who go out of their way to be as nasty as humanly possible to anyone they don't agree with politically or otherwise!

Save your blessings for the hypocrites and bigots like yourself who appreciate them because I certainly have not asked for nor do I want them.

Bottom line is, I don't care if someone showed up in a pink tutu and combat boots, whether or not they are Christian or devil worshipers, if they were flaming liberals or democrats to help our neighbors to the east, I only care that they showed up and put their differences aside to do whatever it is they could to help alleviate someone else's suffering and they did it NO QUESTIONS asked. That's what being a human being is all about...having compassion for others. You don't have to be Christian to have compassion, you just have to have heart!!!

It must really gall you to know that several people liked the post and understood where I was coming from and what my intent was and NO ONE but YOU decided to turn it into a pi$$ing match! Bravo "Christian Soldier", you keep doing you and I'll keep doing me! :)

Wow. Just wow.