• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ksbeachlvr

Beach Crab
Jun 6, 2010
Hello! My family is visiting the area (Dune Allen) for the first (but certainly not the last) time this week. We drove in from Kansas City and immediately fell in love. We can't get over how friendly everyone is. From the beachcombing St. Louis transplants, Billy & Shelly, to the employees at Publix & Great Clips, everyone has been so nice. I figured tourists were a nuisance and didn't expect the wonderful reception we've received. THANK YOU for a memorable week. We can't wait to come back because we've fallen in love with this beautiful place! :love:

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
Welcome to paradise! I am so glad that you are enjoying yourselves. I know we inundated you with info, so if you need a recap - let me know.

Shelley:D

ksbeachlvr

Beach Crab
Jun 6, 2010
Thank you Shelley! The family is wanting Chinese food tonight (nothing fancy like P.F. Chang's). Any suggestions of a good place?

I've had a hard time dragging these boys and husband of mine away from the beach so we haven't done a lot but my kids were in awe of how you knew exactly when we'd find crabs. We went out the very next evening at sunset and found a bunch!

We also had a turtle spotting yesterday and that was pretty exciting.

Hope you're having a great day at "work"!!
:wave:

Hello! My family is visiting the area (Dune Allen) for the first (but certainly not the last) time this week. We drove in from Kansas City and immediately fell in love. We can't get over how friendly everyone is. From the beachcombing St. Louis transplants, Billy & Shelly, to the employees at Publix & Great Clips, everyone has been so nice. I figured tourists were a nuisance and didn't expect the wonderful reception we've received. THANK YOU for a memorable week. We can't wait to come back because we've fallen in love with this beautiful place! :love:

The next progression of being bitten by the Sowal bug if when you start rying to figure aout a way to move here full time. Glad you are enjoying Sowal. :D

TT

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
We have had Chopstix only one time and have to say it left a lot to be desired. Would not recommend.

Good luck - hope I caught you in time!

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
We have had Chopstix only one time and have to say it left a lot to be desired. Would not recommend.

Good luck - hope I caught you in time!

I've definitely experienced inconsistency w/ Chopstix, although the last several times it's been pretty good. Certain dishes seem to be better bets. It's basic... never to die for. I continue ordering from them because delivery totally works for me when I flat don't want to cook, or bother cleaning up to go out.