• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Just left SoWal on Saturday, and I'm in a funk. :sosad: Every year, it gets harder & harder to leave! Back here in Texas & missing that I can't go out the door to the beach. I keep trying to think of a business that could make it in SoWal so we can move there. Otherwise, I have to wait 10 yrs till my husband retires. :shock:

We had a wonderful time & look forward to the next time we can visit. We are thinking of coming down in October. I will post some pics from our vacation tomorrow!

SoWal, parting is such sweet sorrow...

rosemarydreamer

Beach Lover
May 25, 2009
Middle Tennessee
We have those exact feelings about SoWal. If you haven't been there in October, you are really missing out. The weather is usually very beautiful and refreshing that time of year. I think we will order one of Kat's key lime pies that I am hearing are soooo good. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Just left SoWal on Saturday, and I'm in a funk. :sosad: Every year, it gets harder & harder to leave! Back here in Texas & missing that I can't go out the door to the beach. I keep trying to think of a business that could make it in SoWal so we can move there. Otherwise, I have to wait 10 yrs till my husband retires. :shock:

We had a wonderful time & look forward to the next time we can visit. We are thinking of coming down in October. I will post some pics from our vacation tomorrow!

yep...i know that feeling. :wave:

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
RosemaryDreamer, I definitely want to try to get there in October or even November.

DD, isn't it funny how so many people feel this way about SoWal? We've met many who loved it so much that they moved out there & made it work.
I just love that!:clap:There's a special magic about SoWal!:D

We had a wonderful time & look forward to the next time we can visit. We are thinking of coming down in October. I will post some from our vacation tomorrow!

You must come down in early October. The Gulf is warm, and the outdoor temperature is perfect. No crowds. We also love the holiday season in SoWal, and even the cold days of January and February -- love walking on the beach with a big sweatshirt on.

This is why we are downsizing so we don't have to rent. We want to be in SoWal as much as possible. I only work 8 months out of the year, and my husband is a consultant, so he could live at the beach full time.

I agree -- every time we leave, it gets harder and harder.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
RosemaryDreamer, I definitely want to try to get there in October or even November.

DD, isn't it funny how so many people feel this way about SoWal? We've met many who loved it so much that they moved out there & made it work.
I just love that!:clap:There's a special magic about SoWal!:D

I've met quite a few as well. One on this board who will forever and always be my hero. She and her husband just picked up and moved. They're still there. I won't tell her story, but she likes dogs. :wave:

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
We always headed to SoWal in October until our school district took away our fall break. You will LOVE SoWal in October!