• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Property values will not suffer either. They were steadily increasing before the fences and signs went up. Again...owning gulf-front means that you are entitled to the comfort that no one can bring in a few loads of fill dirt and build between you and the Gulf, and also that you can enjoy the sights and sounds of seagulls and the surf 24/7, 365 days a year.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
There are plenty of government regulations about use of private property. Can a beachfront owner build a 10,000 sf pavilion, level dunes, or open a daquiri stand? Of course not. The proposed changes are a common sense addition to the leave no trace program. We need to regulate use of our beaches to ensure enjoyment by all. Compromise is necessary for a decent society.

I'm not so sure about this! We have codes without enforcement, that is the rub. Right person with right connection$ on the right day might be able to get away with a huge project. ***Huckabee***:bang:

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
I'm not so sure about this! We have codes without enforcement, that is the rub. Right person with right connection$ on the right day might be able to get away with a huge project. ***Huckabee***:bang:
Yes people get away with things they shouldn't if nobody is watching.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Get of Huckabee's case. I don't agree with his beach usage stance but he has already done more to help some in BMB beach than all the rest of you put together.

ClarkPartington

Beach Crab
Jun 10, 2016
Destin, Florida
This is going around on social media.
View attachment 60652

The Clark Partington law firm became aware of this post, and the message that it depicts on the afternoon of June 10, 2016. THE CLARK PARTINGTON FIRM DID NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ENDORSE OR APPROVE EITHER THE CONTENT OR DISSEMINATION OF THIS POST. It does not represent the opinion of the Clark Partington firm, nor any lawyer or staff member, with respect to any current or proposed legislation governing access to, or the right to use, the beach anywhere in the State of Florida.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Then why is your telephone number on the card? Thanks for responding to the post.
They are saying that they didn't know about the card. Whoever made it included their number. The number shouldn't have been on it or it absolutely should have specified it was the number of the law firm.

Maybe a class action?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
The way I read it they dont approve of the post.....doesnt say anything about the post "CARD"........but it still makes you wonder if they are not involved why does it have their number on it. Maybe they should be looking at their clients that might be trying for a class action.