• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
OK full time SOWALers and frequent visitors, I am really worried about Amore! Please, please, PLEASE patronize this place. They were closed at 8:45 PM Saturday night when we tried to go there and were dead as a doornail early in the evening yesterday. Please do not forget about this little gem. The food is delicious and priced right. Support the little guys or you will be enjoying Dominos or such:bang:

Indigo Jill

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2006
Point Washington
www.sowalscene.com
This is what I fear we are going to see more and more of. Even the BaitHouse at WaterColor is closing after the holiday weekend for limited hours of operation (I think they will be open for breakfast and dinner only on the weekends?? I will post when I get more details). How many Realtors are living in SoWal? Builders? Contractors? That market is depressed so discretionary income goes away thus it's harder to get people into the door at restaurants and retail stores (the "luxuries" of life). Maybe bars will see an increase of business :shock: A lot of other year round locals are in the tourism industry which is also depressed this year due all the factors at work (hurricane season last year, gas prices, etc.) It's a domino effect and I hate to be a pessimist but my gut is telling me it's going to be a rough next few years for a LOT of folks here. It seems most everyone I speak with has alluded to how money is tight for them right now.

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2005
OK full time SOWALers and frequent visitors, I am really worried about Amore! Please, please, PLEASE patronize this place. They were closed at 8:45 PM Saturday night when we tried to go there and were dead as a doornail early in the evening yesterday. Please do not forget about this little gem. The food is delicious and priced right. Support the little guys or you will be enjoying Dominos or such:bang:
We certainly will - tomorrow in fact ;-)

Lots of good info on them here :cool:

Last edited:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
NOOOOOOOOO I already called some peeps to go tomm before pandoras....:bang: :bang:

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Jan 11, 2006
St Petersburg
I had Amore pizza twice when I was there last! I dream of their wonderful crust!!!!:love: I would eat there once a week if I lived there!