• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Goddess

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2006
Ok, you wonderful locals, I've got a question. I'll be down in Seagrove, staying right next to Angelina's, in a couple of weeks. After a long drive, I'd like to just walk over the Angelina's and get a pizza the first night. How are they? I'm crazy about Spicy Noodle, but after a long trip from Louisiana, those last few miles to the Noodle might be more than my son can take.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
miramargal said:
Ok, you wonderful locals, I've got a question. I'll be down in Seagrove, staying right next to Angelina's, in a couple of weeks. After a long drive, I'd like to just walk over the Angelina's and get a pizza the first night. How are they? I'm crazy about Spicy Noodle, but after a long trip from Louisiana, those last few miles to the Noodle might be more than my son can take.

I think the pizzas are very good there - probably the best food on the menu. I like Angelina's food okay - it's a fun family place - but wouldn't be my choice - overall - unless I was very hungry and didn't want to drive far. in this case, it's a great place to have close by...

Beach Goddess

Beach Lover
Jul 8, 2006
Thanks for the replies. I'm conflicted now. I know we won't want pizza twice and I know we love the Noodle. Would you say one is better than the other (Spicy Noodle or Angelinas)? Also, what else (not necessarily pizza) would be in that immediate vincinity that we could walk and pick it up and bring it back to the lazy boy in the condo?

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
miramargal said:
Thanks for the replies. I'm conflicted now. I know we won't want pizza twice and I know we love the Noodle. Would you say one is better than the other (Spicy Noodle or Angelinas)? Also, what else (not necessarily pizza) would be in that immediate vincinity that we could walk and pick it up and bring it back to the lazy boy in the condo?
Cocoon's is good and located just down the street, but closes around 8 or 9.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
miramargal said:

Best pizza in town is at Amore's in Gulf Place. :D we've also really enjoyed pizza from Gravel Road and Cafe Spiazza. Amore is the closest thing to pizza Italia though...

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Angelina's pizza is thinner crust, less cheese, and more traditional topping combinations than Amore. Personally, I like it better than Amore, even though that's not in line with popular sentiment here at SoWal.com. Whatever floats your boat...

The pastas vary. The regular spaghetti with meat sauce is good, as is the seafood Fra Diavolo. I haven't had the sandwiches.

They are very popular this time of year. If you want to eat in for dinner, be prepared for a wait, especially weekends.

I call in takeout until school starts. They are quite prompt with that - I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes, even though I just call it in and hop in the car to drive the mile or so from Eastern Lake.

Count me as a happy customer.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
TreeFrog said:
Angelina's pizza is thinner crust, less cheese, and more traditional topping combinations than Amore. Personally, I like it better than Amore, even though that's not in line with popular sentiment here at SoWal.com. Whatever floats your boat...

The pastas vary. The regular spaghetti with meat sauce is good, as is the seafood Fra Diavolo. I haven't had the sandwiches.

They are very popular this time of year. If you want to eat in for dinner, be prepared for a wait, especially weekends.

I call in takeout until school starts. They are quite prompt with that - I rarely have to wait more than 5-10 minutes, even though I just call it in and hop in the car to drive the mile or so from Eastern Lake.

Count me as a happy customer.

I've heard people say they LOVE the pizza at Angelina's. I've personally never had it. I've tried many other entrees there though - salads are very good, but the rest is very disappointing to this Italian food lover (mediocrity at best). But, we still go there on occasion just for the fun of it with kids.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Tootsie said:
I've heard people say they LOVE the pizza at Angelina's. I've personally never had it. I've tried many other entrees there though - salads are very good, but the rest is very disappointing to this Italian food lover (mediocrity at best). But, we still go there on occasion just for the fun of it with kids.

Tootsie, I have to say that's my opinion of more than a few restaurants in SoWal. We go out to eat at the beach because someone else is cooking for us, for the atmosphere, for the fun of it...not because we expect an excellent meal at a excellent price. But that's okay. Three out of four ain't bad. :cool: